Reduced Flu numbers will save 1000's of lives

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
spamone: Animal

Reduced Flu numbers will save 1000's of lives

Post by DonDeeHippy »

https://www.immunisationcoalition.org.a ... s-2020.pdf
Only 33 new cases of the Flu nation wide over the last week and 60 cases so far in April... last year there was over 18.000 cases of the flu in April .
If you look at January and February of this year flu numbers where almost equal to last year . Half way through last month numbers dropped when social distancing started... Now they are almost non existent…

Unlike Corona where If someone has corona (or even if they don't and a respiratory death like France and Belgium ) when someone has the flu and catches pneumonia , pneumonia is listed as the reason for death, so year number differ greatly on how many die from the flu..

Australia has a average or 4000 deaths a year and last year would of be well over 5000..

Social Distancing is helping greatly with low flu numbers and saving hundreds of lives so far... Awsome :purple :thumb
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

johnsmith
Lion

Re: Reduced Flu numbers will save 1000's of lives

Post by johnsmith »

also helps with pregnancy numbers from one night stands :c :c :c
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

johnsmith wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 10:10
Be interesting how you have sex from 1.5 metres away.....I'm not game enough to do a search on Google though, could scar me for life.... :h
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 13:56
johnsmith wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 10:10
Be interesting how you have sex from 1.5 metres away.....I'm not game enough to do a search on Google though, could scar me for life.... :h

it'll also show up in your search history so your partner might not be impressed
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-17/ ... a/12134082

Flu-like symptoms fell from a peak of 1.6 per cent to a low of 0.3 per cent.
The incidence of these symptoms in the community at the same time last year was 1.8 per cent. That's a difference of 1.5 percentage points (83.3 per cent) and represents a historic low for the survey.

More lives have been saved from less flu numbers now than from Corona deaths... great news :) :purple

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Only 32 new cases of the Flu nation wide over the last week and 95 cases so far in April... last year there was over 18.000 cases of the flu in April .
If you look at January and February of this year flu numbers where almost equal to last year . Half way through last month numbers dropped when social distancing started... Now they are almost non existent…

Unlike Corona where If someone has corona (or even if they don't just a respiratory death like France and Belgium ) when someone has the flu and catches pneumonia , pneumonia is listed as the reason for death, so year numbers differ greatly on how many die from the flu..

Australia has a average or 4000 deaths a year and last year would of be well over 5000..

Social Distancing is helping greatly with low flu numbers and saving hundreds of lives so far...Awesome
Looking at the Northern hemisphere this is a really good thing as this years new Influenza was targeting children very badly . It's a very potent strain this year...

It is looking like we won't have a Flu season this year.. With social measures being taken for at least 18 months till Covid-19 gets a Vaccination, probably longer until large numbers can be made... Flu numbers and even the cold, well all Viruses will have a hard time infecting...
A potentially bad side effect of this though.. If a Virus can't do it's job it will mutate.
Hopefully this will not happen. :purple

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

WHO reports on inflenza show worldwide number have dropped to almost nothing and that's for the last 2 weeks of March, it will be very interesting to see results for April....The graphs are in weeks of the year but if you look at the last week and the first week you can see how much lower they are than last year...
https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... n-reports/

Detailed report until 29th March...
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... 35cf80d7_4

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

As from 27 April there are 179 cases of the flu, 82 in the last week, the lowest since at least 2009, maybe longer...... Last year in April had 18667 ..
So this month there are 18,400 less people coughing and hacking on each other than last year.....
Since the "cold" are viruses as well, they should be well down too.. Should be a very lean winter for Virus's

I wonder if Flu vaccinations will be necessary, really they are the only Vax that is only good for one year and most times don't work on the current strain, that's what happened last year...I'm very sus about putting poisons in my body an lowering my immunity system for a maybe result...
I think more education is needed on the latest mutations of Influenzas and how effective the current flu shot will be.....
I know I would have one if I knew it was for this winters strain, I won't have one if it's for last years.... As it stands it's very hard to know....
Just a simple website that shows a percentage of how effective the Flu shot is every week would suffice...

I only hope the stigma on people still working and going to events and volunteering will change so that if someone is sick , they stay at home and that mentality of Everything will collapse , they need me stops...
There might also need to be a change to Sick pay for Casuals and compulsory Sick Pay insurance for those that work for themselves, maybe a government agency like Work cover, or even a extension of their powers... People shouldn't need to choose between paying the bills and having a infectious disease....
Another big one is for essential services, they need unlimited sick pay.. My brother in law is a QLD Nurse and he says once these nurses sick pay is up for the year, they are forced to work even when sick ,or not pay the bills, this needs to change..
If your constantly on the front line of disease you shouldn't be punished for doing so.. :purple

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

I was wondering earlier about normal flu and colds being less since all these lockdowns and social distancing rules.

I actually like it, in fact I hope those takes on the floor of shops stay out do we keep our distance from each other,

Continually washing hands for 20 seconds has been a good education that will stick in people’s minds for years.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

So far in May there have been 97 cases of the flu, last year in may there was 30,000.
…………...Jan...….Feb...….Mar...….. Apr...…..May
2019.... 6829....7161....11158....18667....30372
2020 …..6966.....7163.....5910......298.....….97 (to 18may20)

Last year had Australia worse Flu infections ever with 350,000 cases and around 7,000 dead
As you can see January and February this year we actually had higher numbers than the year before and also the highest January and February ever in Australia...
Halfway through March numbers where still bad then the lockdown started and number have dropped dramatically..

The lockdown is still wiping out the flu this year. Hundreds if not thousands of lives have been saved this year from this..
Lets just hope when restrictions are lifted people get into the habit of staying home when they are sick.

So far though it's not looking good, there was another stupid nurse in Rockhampton last week that got sick was made to get tested, then went back to work while waiting her results, she was positive....

How do we get people to realize they are not the most important people in the world and everything won't crash because they have a few sick days..... :purple

chris155au
Cheetah

Post by chris155au »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 07:19
Unlike Corona where If someone has corona (or even if they don't and a respiratory death like France and Belgium ) when someone has the flu and catches pneumonia , pneumonia is listed as the reason for death, so year number differ greatly on how many die from the flu..
"Respiratory death like France and Belgium?" What the hell?

Grappler
Kitten

Post by Grappler »

Canberra Rules - is no reported infection - is no problem...

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

chris155au wrote:
22 May 2020, 15:52
DonDeeHippy wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 07:19
"Respiratory death like France and Belgium?" What the hell?
As long as the death was respiratory related, in France and Belgium the death was written down as caused by C-19.
60% of C-19 deaths in Belgium are not confirmed, just suspected.... New York also added 4000 deaths they Suspected of being C-19 without really knowing..
However these countries have such high death tolls, I guess they are putting their energies into trying to save peoples lives, not work out how they died.. Hopefully when the dust settles their will be more investigations... :purple

DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Grappler wrote:
23 May 2020, 03:12
Canberra Rules - is no reported infection - is no problem...
Canberra have no cases of the Flu ? :purple