Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Re: Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 13:28

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Politics aside how is everyone doing

Just before Seth gets snowed under as our only American Cousin.
I'm hoping Seth everything is good with you.
If I remember your confined to home and work didn't want you for awhile and your wife is working from home.. Hope all is good for you and your family... :purple

I've gone into self-isolation. Just me, some Irish whiskey, and a limited supply of toilet paper.

Too many idiots out there not doing the right thing, so I'm not going into work for a few weeks.

My guitars and Netflix will be getting a hammering.

Scotty from Marketing will probably put us all in shutdown tonight, or on the weekend, anyway.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living Greg?

Is there any way the rest of us here can hear your hammering on the guitar? Have you ever put anything on YouTube?

I'm in Industrial Relations.

I'm on YouTube, somewhere, but I'm not saying where :bgrin

I went and bought 10 packs of guitar strings last weekend, so a few of my guitars will be getting restrung over the next few days.

What is Industrial Relations?

What kind of music do you like to play?

Industrial Relations deals with workplace matters.

Negotiating with employers and and acting on behalf of employees.

Helping people who have been unfairly dismissed from their job.

Making sure they receive the right pay, and all their entitlements - leave, rest breaks, etc.

Basically, making sure that companies do the right thing by their employees.

Music I like to play?

Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Clapton, Jeff Beck.

Guitar instrumentals, and classic rock from the 60s and 70s.

I'm a Fender man - I collect Stratocasters and Telecasters.

greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 14:24

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Politics aside how is everyone doing

Just before Seth gets snowed under as our only American Cousin.
I'm hoping Seth everything is good with you.
If I remember your confined to home and work didn't want you for awhile and your wife is working from home.. Hope all is good for you and your family... :purple

I've gone into self-isolation. Just me, some Irish whiskey, and a limited supply of toilet paper.

Too many idiots out there not doing the right thing, so I'm not going into work for a few weeks.

My guitars and Netflix will be getting a hammering.

Scotty from Marketing will probably put us all in shutdown tonight, or on the weekend, anyway.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living Greg?

Is there any way the rest of us here can hear your hammering on the guitar? Have you ever put anything on YouTube?

I'm in Industrial Relations.

I'm on YouTube, somewhere, but I'm not saying where :bgrin

I went and bought 10 packs of guitar strings last weekend, so a few of my guitars will be getting restrung over the next few days.

What is Industrial Relations?

What kind of music do you like to play?

Industrial Relations deals with workplace matters.

Negotiating with employers and and acting on behalf of employees.

Helping people who have been unfairly dismissed from their job.

Making sure they receive the right pay, and all their entitlements - leave, rest breaks, etc.

Basically, making sure that companies do the right thing by their employees.

Music I like to play?

Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Clapton, Jeff Beck.

Guitar instrumentals, and classic rock from the 60s and 70s.

I'm a Fender man - I collect Stratocasters and Telecasters.

I wish you'd let us hear you play.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Mar 2020, 16:31

Just the strumming, sound track only.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 22:37

HBS Guy wrote:Just the strumming, sound track only.

Right. No need to show yourself if ya don't want to.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 00:01

don't push him.

Beautiful machines that make music.., by the way.

There is a big difference between collectors and players. No doubt they crossover at times.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 00:05

I hope you aren't offended by my naming them as machines, GP. That is what they are aren't they..? Beautiful machines that enable us to reach and express .

Doesn't matter if you can't play them very well, as long as they are taken out now and then and used. They are made to be played.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 00:16

I am going to be surrounded by school holidays, for an unknown length of time. EEeekk!!

Children to the left of me, children to the right....

stuck in the middle just me,...………... and my dog. :stop

Lordy lordy.. one of the neighbours up the road has obviously taken the term ' work from home' with a broad interpretation.

He seems to have moved his workshop ( elsewhere) to his home. There were at least 6 extra vehicles there this arvo, more than normal, when I walked the dog, …..with sounds of work going on most of the day.

UMMM this appears to be wrong. It is acreage, but what about the workers in the shed.?

I'll be going out for the first time in days, tomorrow (other than dog walks) , to get some necessaries. I'll let you know how I go.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby SethBullock » 28 Mar 2020, 01:04

So I went to the grocery store this morning. They have a “seniors only” time from 7-8 am. I scored a package of toilet paper and a package of paper towels (one per customer allowed), and I bought 3 boxes of assorted Deschutes beers (12 each) and 3 six packs of cans because Deschutes has closed their brewery due to the virus.

Now I’ve got to make it last .... :OMG
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 01:11

Yes .. My primary necessary tomorrow is Wine. :bgrin

I am wondering really when things will actually change , for me. I will have neighbours present..doing their things ..whatever.. and kids .. unusual.. and there are no Jets flying overhead, and

I don't know..I have lived like this for years, but now my peace will be daily disturbed by neighbours' noises. SIGH.

Lucky lucky lucky ME. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby SethBullock » 28 Mar 2020, 02:56

pinkeye wrote:Yes .. My primary necessary tomorrow is Wine. :bgrin

I am wondering really when things will actually change , for me. I will have neighbours present..doing their things ..whatever.. and kids .. unusual.. and there are no Jets flying overhead, and

I don't know..I have lived like this for years, but now my peace will be daily disturbed by neighbours' noises. SIGH.

Wine is a good choice. :bgrin
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Mar 2020, 04:40

I've been having breathing problems and a bit of coughing. I'm on Antibodies At the moment and yesterday I felt like shit.. Took the week off and hopefully be right on Monday. If not I've always been a mild asthmatic and might have to get some preventative or something. Terrible time to be sick, I actually book the doctor to ring me then he leaves the scripts at the chemist, very frustrating...
When I get my breath back and can sing I'll do the Covid-19 song I've been playing a bit and lots of fun, but sound even worse than I usually do . :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 28 Mar 2020, 10:37

DonDeeHippy wrote:I've been having breathing problems and a bit of coughing. I'm on Antibodies At the moment and yesterday I felt like shit.. Took the week off and hopefully be right on Monday. If not I've always been a mild asthmatic and might have to get some preventative or something. Terrible time to be sick, I actually book the doctor to ring me then he leaves the scripts at the chemist, very frustrating...
When I get my breath back and can sing I'll do the Covid-19 song I've been playing a bit and lots of fun, but sound even worse than I usually do . :purple

I was a bit like that the other week. Wasn't looking forward to going to the hospital in that condition, but it cleared up pre op and i seem to be fine .... ill let you know in 14 days if that changes :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 22:53

SethBullock wrote:

Yes .. and what's more it's my birthday tomorrow and it will just be me and the dog. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 22:55

DonDeeHippy wrote:I've been having breathing problems and a bit of coughing. I'm on Antibodies At the moment and yesterday I felt like shit.. Took the week off and hopefully be right on Monday. If not I've always been a mild asthmatic and might have to get some preventative or something. Terrible time to be sick, I actually book the doctor to ring me then he leaves the scripts at the chemist, very frustrating...

Thought about asking to be tested for Covid-19.?

If I had those symptoms I'd try, 'cos it can really fuck your lungs, even if your symptoms are mild.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 29 Mar 2020, 00:36

pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Yes .. and what's more it's my birthday tomorrow and it will just be me and the dog. :bgrin

Happy birthday, Pinky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQPNApwJGU
mothra
Duck

Postby SethBullock » 29 Mar 2020, 01:04

Happy Birthday, Pinkeye! :thumb :yahoo
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2020, 01:12

mothra wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Happy birthday, Pinky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQPNApwJGU

thank you that's my first present.. WOW always loved that.. knew she would go far, how did you know.? :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2020, 01:12

SethBullock wrote:Happy Birthday, Pinkeye! :thumb :yahoo

thanks Seth :thumb 63 yrs young.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 29 Mar 2020, 02:30

think it is time to drag my old bod off here, and get ready to sleep.

Hope you are all well and continue to be. :rose
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 29 Mar 2020, 02:51

It's agreat song by a great band. I'm glad you love it too, Pink.

G'night. Stay well.
mothra
Duck

Postby DonDeeHippy » 29 Mar 2020, 03:39

pinkeye wrote:

Thought about asking to be tested for Covid-19.?

If I had those symptoms I'd try, 'cos it can really fuck your lungs, even if your symptoms are mild.

No and the Antibiotics are working well...
And Happy Birthday...:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Mar 2020, 04:28

Hippo birdy two ewes, Pinky! 21 again? :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 29 Mar 2020, 09:41

'ave a great day Pink Eye!
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 29 Mar 2020, 10:15

pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

happy birthday Pink. May your mower mow and wine flow freely

enjoy your day
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby SethBullock » 29 Mar 2020, 10:26

Maybe you guys will enjoy this.

Cheers! :beer
SethBullock
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic