Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

For chatting about non-political topics.

Hot topic: The perils of exercise, Lapidary, food, gardening, brewing & Gallipoli/Anzac Day.

Special feature: WWIi Operation Manna/Chowhound.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Off Topic is for fairly serious discussion of things other than politics and current affair.

Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Mar 2020, 13:56

Politics aside how is everyone doing

Just before Seth gets snowed under as our only American Cousin.
I'm hoping Seth everything is good with you.
If I remember your confined to home and work didn't want you for awhile and your wife is working from home.. Hope all is good for you and your family... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Politics aside how is everyone doing ?

Postby johnsmith » 25 Mar 2020, 14:39

ouch
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby DonDeeHippy » 25 Mar 2020, 14:54

johnsmith wrote:ouch

Ohh Ozzie is the closest, he can kiss it better... :meet
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 25 Mar 2020, 16:03

DonDeeHippy wrote:

he's not getting anywhere near me with that beard. :clap :clap
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Mar 2020, 16:07

You did get some nice opioids from the hospital?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 25 Mar 2020, 16:08

HBS Guy wrote:You did get some nice opioids from the hospital?

I got nothing.
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Mar 2020, 16:09

I got a shitload of Endones handed to me. Handed a bit more than half back to the pharmacy a month later.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 25 Mar 2020, 16:24

HBS Guy wrote:I got a shitload of Endones handed to me. Handed a bit more than half back to the pharmacy a month later.

i wouldn't take them anyway. Wife's been nagging at me all day to take some panadol but so far she's failed
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby Aussie » 25 Mar 2020, 16:38

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

You are 100% safe from me 'kissing you better,' beard or no beard!
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 25 Mar 2020, 16:50

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

You are 100% safe from me 'kissing you better,' beard or no beard!

:up
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby pinkeye » 25 Mar 2020, 23:38

what ouch.?

U OK?

I'm good.
This is the life I have lived for two decades now, more or less. . From choice. I saw no real benefit for me in human interactions, bar the absolute minimum. Hard lesson to learn. I am well prepared. BUT , I have to say, when I heard Libraries were closing.. AIIEE!! Now that I'm NOT ALLOWED to do all that social stuff I want to.!! :roll
Only kidding. :bgrin

But as I've said elsewhere.. it is PHYSICAL isolation that is required, NOT SOCIAL.
That is a much MORE INFORMATIVE name, don't you think.?
Not my idea.. I was watching ABC24 sometime in the last couple of days, and an expert on sociology and psychology pointed out this is a perfect example of poor communication.

IF you mean PHYSICAL distancing, then say it.!!

Oh well lots of mistakes made, and lots to come.

I walked my dog around the block today... only one person, a neighbour on a nearby street was in his yard, and gave me a yoohoo.. how're going.?

Good mate. Yourself yeah good.. HEY you supposed to stay home, just kidding.. I said uh ah.. allowed to walk your dog around the block.!!

But all friggin' day my next door neighbour.. a real fruitcake.. OLD neighbour, was out whipper snippering his boundaries this morning.. all morning. :roll
he has over 3 Ha.

THEN he got on his fucking Kubota slasher/mower and spend ALL DAY MOWING. I my goodness me. THAT should be the last time. He does this regularly, usually before guests arrive. :roll

Tomorrow morning he'll probably use a blower on his gutters.. another regular occurrence... But then what'll he do..? oh oh..
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby SethBullock » 26 Mar 2020, 02:13

DonDeeHippy wrote:Politics aside how is everyone doing

If I remember your confined to home and work didn't want you for awhile and your wife is working from home.. Hope all is good for you and your family... :purple

Thank you, Don.

My wife, an office worker, is working from home. Her "desk" is her sewing table which we moved into my study because that's where the router is. Yesterday we bought her an office chair to sit in, and I assembled it.

My daughter is single, no kids. She's living with us and can't work because she's a licensed esthetician, and that occupation requires close physical contact with clients, and that work is completely closed down. She got accepted for a bartending job, and then the restaurants and bars closed down. So my wife and I are supporting her now.

Having retired from police work, I have a retirement income. But my part time teaching job is closed down. I was earning about $3000/month at that job. Being a part time contract worker, I have no paid vacation at that job, so we're just going to have to do without that income for now. I do not draw Social Security yet. I'm 64. I could draw Social Security, but that would be considered an "early retirement", and the monthly income is by far lower than if I wait until the "full retirement" age of 66, and so I don't plan to do that until then.

My daughter and I have been binge watching shows on TV. We have watched all 8 seasons of "Homeland", and last night we watched the first three episodes of "Band of Brothers". I've seen it before, but she hasn't. The only place we go is to the grocery store. We're planning on taking a walk in a nearby park later today.

Cabin fever ....
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 Mar 2020, 04:56

SethBullock wrote:

Thank you, Don.

My wife, an office worker, is working from home. Her "desk" is her sewing table which we moved into my study because that's where the router is. Yesterday we bought her an office chair to sit in, and I assembled it.

My daughter is single, no kids. She's living with us and can't work because she's a licensed esthetician, and that occupation requires close physical contact with clients, and that work is completely closed down. She got accepted for a bartending job, and then the restaurants and bars closed down. So my wife and I are supporting her now.

Having retired from police work, I have a retirement income. But my part time teaching job is closed down. I was earning about $3000/month at that job. Being a part time contract worker, I have no paid vacation at that job, so we're just going to have to do without that income for now. I do not draw Social Security yet. I'm 64. I could draw Social Security, but that would be considered an "early retirement", and the monthly income is by far lower than if I wait until the "full retirement" age of 66, and so I don't plan to do that until then.

My daughter and I have been binge watching shows on TV. We have watched all 8 seasons of "Homeland", and last night we watched the first three episodes of "Band of Brothers". I've seen it before, but she hasn't. The only place we go is to the grocery store. We're planning on taking a walk in a nearby park later today.

Cabin fever ....

Glad to hear you guys are all healthy. I'm lucky i'm on 5 acres so plenty to do. I can still go out and work but had a few days off, I have a bit of a chest infection.
Might be worth looking through this thread on TV. You might find something that resonates.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4542
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Mar 2020, 10:11

We decided to eat 2 pieces of fruit a day and to take a walk even if just around the block—exercise and staving off cabin fever.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Aussie » 26 Mar 2020, 14:07

This is good. Pinched it from OzPol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comm ... stay_home/
Aussie

Postby pinkeye » 27 Mar 2020, 02:09

That's funny too.. :bgrin

Now I have to snooze. :zzzz
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 09:57

pinkeye wrote:

what ouch.?

U OK?

I had surgery on Tuesday Pink. Repairs to a torn meniscus . Drugs have worn off and I'm feeling it
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 10:02

Aussie wrote:This is good. Pinched it from OzPol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comm ... stay_home/

i always get those guys on my facebook page. They're funny but after a while they get repetitive.
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 10:58

Baron worrying about Corona virus ...

Baron15.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 27 Mar 2020, 11:01

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:

what ouch.?

U OK?

I had surgery on Tuesday Pink. Repairs to a torn meniscus . Drugs have worn off and I'm feeling it

Bullshit. You will be scamming the Mrs somehow!
Aussie

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 11:16

I've gone into self-isolation. Just me, some Irish whiskey, and a limited supply of toilet paper.

Too many idiots out there not doing the right thing, so I'm not going into work for a few weeks.

My guitars and Netflix will be getting a hammering.

Scotty from Marketing will probably put us all in shutdown tonight, or on the weekend, anyway.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 11:21

greggerypeccary wrote:

I've gone into self-isolation. Just me, some Irish whiskey, and a limited supply of toilet paper.

Too many idiots out there not doing the right thing, so I'm not going into work for a few weeks.

Scotty from Marketing will probably put us all in shutdown tonight, or on the weekend, anyway.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you do for a living Greg?

Is there any way the rest of us here can hear your hammering on the guitar? Have you ever put anything on YouTube?
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 11:25

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Is there any way the rest of us here can hear your hammering on the guitar? Have you ever put anything on YouTube?

I'm in Industrial Relations.

I'm on YouTube, somewhere, but I'm not saying where :bgrin

I went and bought 10 packs of guitar strings last weekend, so a few of my guitars will be getting restrung over the next few days.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 11:54

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I'm in Industrial Relations.

I'm on YouTube, somewhere, but I'm not saying where :bgrin

I went and bought 10 packs of guitar strings last weekend, so a few of my guitars will be getting restrung over the next few days.

What is Industrial Relations?

What kind of music do you like to play?
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 12:41

SethBullock wrote:Baron worrying about Corona virus ...

Baron15.JPG

he's got the right idea :bgrin
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Next

Return to Off Topic