Trump's Bungling of Corona

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Trump's Bungling of Corona

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 07:44

“Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened,” Trump said.
In fact, the US intelligence community, public health experts and officials in Trump’s own administration had warned for years that the country was at risk from a pandemic, including specific warnings about a coronavirus outbreak.
When this strain of coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, was identified in Wuhan, China in early January, health experts immediately cautioned that it could turn into a global health crisis.
“This was foreseeable and foreseen, weeks and months ago, and only now is the White House coming out of denial and heading straight into saying it could not have been foreseen,” Marc Lipsitch, director of Harvard’s Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics,
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 09:10

US has more known cases of coronavirus than any other country

"As of Thursday evening, the United States had at least 81,836 cases while China was reporting 81,782."

Tired of winning yet, Seth?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 09:28

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Seth?

Are you still happy with Trump as your President?

I'll take your silence as a no.

I am absolutely happy with Trump as my president. Not that everything about his personal style appeals to me, and not that I agree with everything he has done.

I do agree with most things he has done, and he is doing everything he possibly can to help us get through the corona virus.

And we will get through it, and we will emerge from it stronger than ever.

you must be kidding?

first he called it a hoax, now he's telling people you've got it beat andd they can pack the churches

he;s undermining everything the state governers trying to enforce lock downs are doing

and it matters not one iota what biden may or may not have said ... using him as an excuse to justify trumps stupidity is pathetic. biden isn't the president.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 09:30

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Seth?

Are you still happy with Trump as your President?

I'll take your silence as a no.

I am absolutely happy with Trump as my president. Not that everything about his personal style appeals to me, and not that I agree with everything he has done.

I do agree with most things he has done, and he is doing everything he possibly can to help us get through the corona virus.

And we will get through it, and we will emerge from it stronger than ever.

you must be kidding?

first he called it a hoax, now he's telling people you've got it beat andd they can pack the churches

he;s undermining everything the state governers trying to enforce lock downs are doing

and it matters not one iota what biden may or may not have said ... using him as an excuse to justify trumps stupidity is pathetic. biden isn't the president.

He said that the 15 cases would become zero in a few weeks, once the weather warmed up.

Nek minnit!

US has more known cases of coronavirus than any other country

"As of Thursday evening, the United States had at least 81,836 cases while China was reporting 81,782."

How can people like Seth continue to defend this useless clown?

Trump is going to be responsible for the deaths of millions of Americans, and Seth has no problem with it.

Insanity.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 09:30

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

Time to remove the alleged child rapist from office.

He said that because he knew the Democrats would use this virus as a political weapon. They do this because they don't care about the well-being of America. All they care about is power and politics. It's really sad.

Right now they are packing a corona virus relief bill before Congress full of "poison pills". These are things that have NOTHING to do with the virus that they know Republicans can't vote for. Why?

Because they are arrogant self-absorbed degenerates who don't care about America, as I said.

so trump said it because he cared more about power and politics than he does lives

thanks seth :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 11:28

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

He said that because he knew the Democrats would use this virus as a political weapon. They do this because they don't care about the well-being of America. All they care about is power and politics. It's really sad.

Right now they are packing a corona virus relief bill before Congress full of "poison pills". These are things that have NOTHING to do with the virus that they know Republicans can't vote for. Why?

Because they are arrogant self-absorbed degenerates who don't care about America, as I said.

so trump said it because he cared more about power and politics than he does lives

Of course, the virus is not a hoax, but the taking advantage of it for political purposes is happening, and it is disgraceful.

When President Trump shut down travel to and from China last January, Joe Biden accused him the very next day of "hysterical xenophobia".

I see from the threads on here that you Aussies don't exactly want a whole bunch of immigrants landing on your shores just now, now do you?

Is that "hysterical xenophobia"?
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 11:35

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Of course, the virus is not a hoax, but the taking advantage of it for political purposes is happening, and it is disgraceful.

When President Trump shut down travel to and from China last January, Joe Biden accused him the very next day of "hysterical xenophobia".

I see from the threads on here that you Aussies don't exactly want a whole bunch of immigrants landing on your shores just now, now do you?

Immigrants?

I don't want any potential risks coming in at the moment.

Makes no difference if they're immigrants, or Australian citizens.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 27 Mar 2020, 11:37

Here's how I see it Seth and you know I am very anti Trump. He is politicising the bloody thing by boasting how well he is handling it when in fact he is stuffing it up right royally. Of course Biden will play the same coin, just the opposite side.

Why would we let ships (which are now well known as havens for this nasty) dock here. The last one was the Ruby Princess....only a week or so ago. The passengers were supposed to be virus-free, but many had the bloody thing, and so the number of cases here spiked accordingly.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 11:54

No one here has said anything about how good Biden is, just how much of a dill Trump is... why is his name repeatedly brought up when we all agree what he said was wrong....I've seen no one defend biden.. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 11:57

DonDeeHippy wrote:No one here has said anything about how good Biden is, just how much of a dill Trump is... why is his name repeatedly brought up when we all agree what he said was wrong....I've seen no one defend biden.. :purple

We've got to make a choice in 8 months, Don.

Trump or Biden.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 11:59

SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:No one here has said anything about how good Biden is, just how much of a dill Trump is... why is his name repeatedly brought up when we all agree what he said was wrong....I've seen no one defend biden.. :purple

Trump or Biden.

how about Discuss what's happening now and what trump has been saying for the last week, we will worry about 8 months in 8 months time :) :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 12:33

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

ive been calling for a total shut down of our borders since i first realised this spread with international travel. it would have been quicker and safer to go hard and fast than it is this slow incremental shut down we've got happening everywhere.

you seem to take offense when biden tries to politicise it (and i have no problem with that afterall, this is a health issue not political and it should stay that way) but then you completely ignore trumps politicing of it. Not only that, but you're quite happy to defend trump making comments that are dangerous to the lives of americans. i don't get it seth. You know telling people its a hoax and to pack the churches will cost lives but you're so keen to defend trump that you're happy to ignore it
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 12:34

SethBullock wrote:

Trump or Biden.

you've gotta make it to that 8 months first
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby Aussie » 27 Mar 2020, 12:46

Seth, have a read.

Link.

All Trump cares about is on exhibit here:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
6:04 AM - Mar 26, 2020

He is an arse-hole.
Aussie

Postby Bongalong » 27 Mar 2020, 12:49

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Trump or Biden.

you've gotta make it to that 8 months first

Do you think the fearmongers can last 8 months without changing the definitions of the quantity being measured?
Hey, Mr globalist shill: is 8 trillion dollars enough?
:jump
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 27 Mar 2020, 12:50

Aussie wrote:Seth, have a read.

Link.

All Trump cares about is on exhibit here:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
6:04 AM - Mar 26, 2020

He is an arse-hole.

Aussie is a globalist shill: is 8 trillion dollars enough ? :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 14:31

I think Trump is trying to keep up the nation's spirits. Whether or not we assemble in groups like church or whatever by Easter will be determined by events on the ground. But, in the meantime, he is communicating that we will get through this, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It is not the man's job to communicate despair and defeat.
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 27 Mar 2020, 15:15

SethBullock wrote:I think Trump is trying to keep up the nation's spirits. Whether or not we assemble in groups like church or whatever by Easter will be determined by events on the ground. But, in the meantime, he is communicating that we will get through this, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

True. Neither is it his job to sell snake oil. For example ~ If Churches in the USA are full at Easter, I'll go buy some more Deschutes! The USA now leads the Planet on numbers having this nasty, ahead of China (almost B2) ahead if India (almost B2) ahead of Italy (where it went berserk) etc etc etc. The bloke has to go Seth. He is an idiot and his 'success' is because he has used the Nation's credit card to cut tax and create jobs etc.

BEFORE this nasty arrived, 'your' deficit this year was at a trillion.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 16:53

SethBullock wrote:I think Trump is trying to keep up the nation's spirits. Whether or not we assemble in groups like church or whatever by Easter will be determined by events on the ground. But, in the meantime, he is communicating that we will get through this, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

there you go making excuses for him again. it's not his job to blow smoke up the arse of the american public, it's not his job to lie. it is his job to be honest with the public and keep them up to date with what the experts are saying.
He's undermining the efforts of the medics. one church full of people can infect hundreds .... multiply that by the thousands of potential churches full at easter and it could lead to millions more infected

go on, compare that to the millions hillary sent to war again, that's bound to make you feel better about it
FD.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Mar 2020, 17:18

Jeremy THANK YOU HEALTH HEROES Konyndyk @JeremyKonyndyk 9h

We knew it could happen.

We knew it *would* eventually happen.

So:

We left them a playbook.

We left them an expert NSC team.

We built a transition exercise around it.

We built new programs to prepare for it.

They ignored/closed/undermined all of that.

This is horseshit.

Aaron Rupar @atrupar · 9h

Trump, who reportedly ignored a pandemic response playbook put together during the Obama years, claims nobody could've seen a pandemic coming and tries to blame Obama for his lack of preparation

We had a fuckwit like that in Queensland, last Liberal (ha!) Premier, closed down all sort of research establishments like, tropical diseases and superbugs. Some of these establishments might have been bloody useful now!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Mar 2020, 17:32

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche · 6h

Wow

Pres Trump is saying @NYGovCuomo is off base to say NY state needs 30,000 ventilators.

Trump said, “I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they are going to be. I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators”

The man is a moron!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 21:32

Here's the thing, guys.

If Trump bungled the Corona virus response, then so did every government in the world that now has infections in its populations. Nobody saw this coming - not like this. And according to this ...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

... the rate of infection and death rate is by far higher in many European countries than it is in the U.S.

Throughout history there have been events that changed the paradigm. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor changed the U.S. from an isolationist country into the predominant world power. The terrorist attack on 9/11 changed the way federal intelligence and law enforcement agencies work - once compartmentalized and protective of their turf, now they work seamlessly as one. Once, we could could check our bags at the airport and walk directly to the gate, and we were not searched. Now we have to go through a security checkpoint.

The Corona virus also will change the paradigm forever. Cures and vaccines are on the horizon. But after this crisis has passed, we will NOT go back to what was "normal" before the virus. Expect to see changes in travel. Expect to see changes in preparation. All these medical supplies that are in short supply now? Those are going to get stockpiled by the tons and tons by governments (federal, state, and local) and by the medical community. Even the general public will probably buy and store certain things they never stored before.

And no longer, when a new virus crops up in Asia or Africa, and the U.S. president imposes travel restrictions will he or she be accused of "hysterical xenophobia" by political enemies. That will never happen again.

We are, as we speak, entering into a new paradigm of what is normal.
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 21:44

And as soon as I posted the above post, I went over to the Yank forum, and what did I see? A thread started by a Brit (I think) called "We should compulsory self-isolate for any viral symptom in UK." And here is his first post ...

"At present in the UK the advice is to self-isolate only if you have symptoms of a dry cough and a high temperature.

However the initial symptoms of COVID-19 are various and also it effects different people in different ways.

So why don't we have compulsory self-isolation for ANY viral symptoms? I can't see what the problem with this is.

You still hear stories of people out and about, even during the lockdown, who are coughing. On Sky News this morning we heard an account of a construction worker at work with a cough and how this was making others around him feel nervous. And I'm not surprised they felt this way.

It's a fact that COVID-19 still spreads even during a lockdown. The lockdown simply slows things down. It's people with lesser symptoms, who don't have a temperature combined with a dry cough, who are spreading it.

As far as I'm concerned it stunningly obvious. The statistics speak for themselves."

That new paradigm I spoke of? There it is.

I think that even after the Corona crisis is over, people who are sick with any contagious disease - like the common flu or just a minor cold - will be expected to stay off work and out of the public space. The workaholic who was once complimented for staying on the job and "fighting through it" won't be tolerated in the future.

It's just not going to be business as usual, folks. There will be a new normal, and there's no turning back now.
Last edited by SethBullock on 27 Mar 2020, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 27 Mar 2020, 21:47

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Seth .. I asked you a question a page or so back. I asked you if you knew about what was happening in New York because of Covid-19.
Did you only know what you heard from Trump.?

You never answered me.. so I ask again, do you KNOW what is happening in New York City.? Or elsewhere in the states.?

Or do just listen to your President.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 27 Mar 2020, 21:49

DonDeeHippy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Trump or Biden.

how about Discuss what's happening now and what trump has been saying for the last week, we will worry about 8 months in 8 months time :) :purple

Fair crack of the whip DDH
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

PreviousNext

Return to Politics