It is officially a Pandemic

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: It is officially a Pandemic

Post by HBS Guy »

Zero cases for three days in a row in NZ:

https://t.co/PTTC1RwEUP

Bongalong
Warthog
spamone: Animal

Post by Bongalong »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
13 May 2020, 06:44
The Last C-19 related death was 5 may, over a week without a death, very good news still 16 people very sick in ICU's though, luckily these numbers are dropping as well...
Since the 4th April we haven't had a day over 30 new infections.
NSW has the most infected at the moment with 450, the last week though their new infections have been very low and a few days of no new infections... :purple
It's weird to note that Victorians bowed to public pressure eventually. NSW was always a test but Melbourne just has that attitude!
"Oi!"

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

As a Qlder I am happy to have the borders still closed.
There is a lot more to learn yet, about Covid-19 and I don't discount a 'second wave'.

All this BS about Vaccines mean nothing to us... and I don't think we will get one that works. That is a matter for the future.

But JEEZ I'm glad the US Prez is allegedly putting his mouth where the drugs he supports, are. ( I think he is lying. He would NOT.) He is just trying to kill off more people. :sad
sleeping is good for you

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Viruses mutate, hence the need for yearly vaccinations for the flu. COVID19 will be the same.

While I meant to, I never (nor did Mum) had a flu shot this year—always coughs and sneezes so I judged not good to have the shot. Anyway, Mum is quite isolated because of the COVID19 virus.

Chuck
Cheetah

Post by Chuck »

pinkeye wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:11
As a Qlder I am happy to have the borders still closed.
There is a lot more to learn yet, about Covid-19 and I don't discount a 'second wave'.

All this BS about Vaccines mean nothing to us... and I don't think we will get one that works. That is a matter for the future.

But JEEZ I'm glad the US Prez is allegedly putting his mouth where the drugs he supports, are. ( I think he is lying. He would NOT.) He is just trying to kill off more people. :sad
Scientists in Australia are looking closely at a duo of drugs that could prove to be effective against COVID-19. All being well, they could even start recruiting patients for the clinical trial by the end of March.

Professor David Paterson, director of the University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, told news.com.au that his lab is looking to trial two existing drugs to treat patients with COVID-19

One drug is used for patients with HIV and the other treats malaria, known as chloroquine. Although both have been largely superseded by a newer generation of drugs, they could find a new lease on life in the world’s struggle against the novel coronavirus responsible for COVID-19.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

:roll

so yeah..? they are testing 2 existing drugs to see if they are helpful.
SO..? what...?
What was the OTHER drug.?

.? Yes I saw one drug sounds similar to what Trump claims he is taking ( liar) …
The point my friend, is...… testing … NOT APPROVAL.

So what? you are suggesting we'd do well to follow Trump .?
YOU MUST BE JOKING. Crikey.. I HOPE you are being sarcastic.... BUT...??

One drug is used for patients with HIV and the other treats malaria, known as chloroquine. Although both have been largely superseded by a newer generation of drugs, they could find a new lease on life in the world’s struggle against the novel coronavirus responsible for COVID-19.
sleeping is good for you