Some Qld closures?

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale

Just post here—don’t need to join.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.
Lols
mountain lion
spamone: Animal

Some Qld closures?

Post by Lols »

Hey John Smith, what’s the go with Harbour Town with The Reading Cinema closing down?

Daughter went there to Harbour Town since it’s opening up
from restrictments easing, and it’s all an empty shell at that Cinema! :WTF

Was it on the cards to close down or this C-virus restrictions cause it to?

Shame it’s closed down really.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

johnsmith
Lion

Re: Some Qld closures?

Post by johnsmith »

I've no idea. I haven't been there for months.

My leg is in no condition for harbour town yet. I used to get tired with two healthy legs, imagine doing harbour town on crutches :b :b

I've just checked their website ... says they're closed due to covid .. they'll will reopen 'soon '

https://readingcinemas.com.au/locations ... rbourtown
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Aah good, thanks for finding out.
Knee you would :bgrin

So, are you healing okay? Watching lots of dvds or Netflix etc? Any DVD sets meaning to watch from beginning to end?

When my hubby cracked his ankle bone about 2 years ago, he was stuck home for 6 weeks with plaster!
So I bought him complete dvd set of Star Trek!

I found online, to help him get around, this trolley that you kneel on (like a scooter) would that work for you?
Or you have a knee problem?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
18 May 2020, 01:25
Aah good, thanks for finding out.
Knee you would :bgrin

So, are you healing okay? Watching lots of dvds or Netflix etc? Any DVD sets meaning to watch from beginning to end?

When my hubby cracked his ankle bone about 2 years ago, he was stuck home for 6 weeks with plaster!
So I bought him complete dvd set of Star Trek!

I found online, to help him get around, this trolley that you kneel on (like a scooter) would that work for you?
Or you have a knee problem?
Knee's mending ok ... although not as fast as i would like. I started physio last week but was told last week i couldn't return to work for at least another 6 weeks. So now we've gone from an original estimate of 3 to 6 weeks off work, to at least 3 months. Bummer as I am a subbie and don't get any pay from work.

I've been busy with netflix. Watched the whole series of 'Ozark', then watched all of 'Shameless'.. Both great series if you haven't seen them. I'm having withdrawal symptoms now that I've finished shameless. Also watched a few other smaller series but they're nothing to get excited about.

Scooter won't work for me. I have to work on straightening and bending my leg.It was 6 weeks in a brace locking it in a 150 degrees and now I can't bend it very much or even keep it straight. I've started straightening it and bending is improving but it has a long way to go to get back all my range. I get around with crutches.I can even manage a short distance without crutches but it's not very graceful.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

Nothing worse than a worker with family, with an injury waiting to heal and get back to normal.
In a way, it happened during lockdown, so would lockdown have effected your work?

I do understand your frustration, and don’t rush it, because you want long term physical agility to come back.
3 months to rest and heal is better than 30 years feeling annoyed you didn’t do what was required with rest and appropriate knee exercise in that 3 month time frame.

You can’t rush body’s ability to heal.
Once you go back to a busy full schedule again, you will wish you enjoyed this resting phase more!

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

With my hip replacement I was told to exercise regularly. So I took my dog and walked the Torrens Linear Park (in 6Km stages, 6Km out, 6Km back) First trek was fine, second I only did 4Km (2Km out and 2Km back) with lots of pain. Apart from that, the walking went fine. Next checkup the doctors were very happy with how the bone had grown onto the steel socket nailed onto my pelvis (hip is a ball and socket joint.)

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
18 May 2020, 08:27
In a way, it happened during lockdown, so would lockdown have effected your work?
Busier than ever. As I get paid per item, I could have made a killing
FD.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

johnsmith wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:02
Lols wrote:
So there’s a god dammit situation that is irking you!
That’s gotta hurt more than your knee!

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
18 May 2020, 11:41
johnsmith wrote:
18 May 2020, 10:02
Lols wrote:
So there’s a god dammit situation that is irking you!
That’s gotta hurt more than your knee!

yep ... I've been kinda lucky with the knee, virtually pain free throughout the whole drama. Before during anf after the surgery. Uncomfortable? sure, but not a lot of pain
The real pain is to the hip pocket. :grn
FD.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

hey lols, you won't be able to go harbour town anytime soon ... borders are to remain closed until at least Sept
FD.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Tassie has lifted some restrictions at least within the state. Launceston Farmers Market is reopening—with strict social distancing, be in and out quickly, only one family member to be in the market area, etc. Dunno if border closure is still in place.

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

kids back at school next week .... who bloody ray
FD.

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Post by HBS Guy »

Some Qld teachers and exteachers have been enjoying some schadenfreude “Not hard looking after a few kids” parents used to say. :buddy :thumb

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

I know the premier is being hassled bigtime to open the border, but imho we need at least another fortnight to do so.
We need to see whether recent relaxations in restrictions in other states, as well as our own , has caused any spikes in infections.

We don't have enough testing to feel there is no risk, so we wait. I'd think it was most important to test people, rigorously, not just a one-off.

Qlder's should be out supporting other Qlders, now that they can.

I really hope people realise that flying around the world, fancy-free, is a thing of the past. !!

I could see a Virgin Qld.. a smallish airline that truly served the outback. Oh well.
sleeping is good for you

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

johnsmith wrote:
18 May 2020, 13:02
hey lols, you won't be able to go harbour town anytime soon ... borders are to remain closed until at least Sept
No no nope! Can’t be! Not listening lah lah lah 🤨😩

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Lols wrote:
21 May 2020, 19:49
johnsmith wrote:
what's the problem Lols..?
sleeping is good for you

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

pinkeye wrote:
22 May 2020, 00:02
Lols wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
she lives in Mexico (Vic) and her daughter lives in Gods country (GC). :bgrin :bgrin
FD.

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

oh I see yes. It'll improve Lols, soon. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

pinkeye wrote:
22 May 2020, 00:02
Lols wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Daughter up there alone and we can’t go up there.
She could come back with a hefty flight cost but would have to go into self isolation for 2weeks. But it’s so cold here, we say stay up there.
Then that empty house tenants left and it flooded underneath with a burst water pipe and furniture and my boxes of kitchen stuff and books !
It all happened at time of lockdown!
So we have to wait!
I did organise a painter this week. So that’s happening. I picked paint colour from Bunnings to tell painter.
I just want to go up there so we can clean up under house and throw out whatever, fix whatever.
It’s our livelihood and we can’t access it :sad

I think with our low infection rate, was only 2 last 24 hours, borders should open by July! Surely!
But I’m concerned for daughter on own all this time with dance school closure and everything so she was hermitized.

If by next month no promising opening up for Queensland, then she should come back to Victoria.

I feel sorry for all businesses up there, offering half price accommodation but no one can go up there!

pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Post by pinkeye »

Things will change soon.
Your daughter remains here, I gather. Do you have special reason for your concern for her.? Sorry I guess that is a really nosey q. :sad

Your rental property flooded from a burst waterpipe, and stuff you have has been soaked.?

Nothing to be done but long distance communication. Isn't that what you'd normally do.?

Don't stress.. there isn't one fucking thing you can do about it.

Won't be long. Cheers :buddy
sleeping is good for you

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
23 May 2020, 01:08
Then that empty house tenants left and it flooded underneath with a burst water pipe and furniture and my boxes of kitchen stuff and books !
your insurance company should be able to organise cleaners to sort through whats not ruined, clean up any mess and make good any damage.
FD.

Lols
mountain lion

Post by Lols »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 10:13
Lols wrote:
23 May 2020, 01:08
your insurance company should be able to organise cleaners to sort through whats not ruined, clean up any mess and make good any damage.
We only have building insurance, not contents.
It’s not like it’s all worth a lot it’s just a pain we can’t go to sort it ourselves, enjoy being in the area (Hervey Bay) for a bit as well, the water went on the ground not on top of everything, and thus, creating a breeding for mould.
We have everything stored sitting above ground contact on bricks. It’s like a split level house, with concreted garage underneath and then further under is dirt, this house could be made into 2 story, hubby has that dirt area sealed off but added more air vents thank goodness!
Anyway, I’m happy the painter is painting the inside of house. Mind you I liked the different colours inside, and one wall feature was that blotchy multi colour look from the 90s. Appealed to my inner hippy!
Now it’s going to be off white throughout house - anemic but fresh and light I suppose. Agents always saying it needs updating blah blah.
Honestly what is it with everything needing to be white lately?
Our house we live in now for nearly 28 years still has a peach colour from the early 90s :giggle and I heard that colour is making a comeback!

Re: daughter, she expressed concern recently she does not feel safe lately. Maybe because of recent lockdown.
Maybe because the good guy next door used to keep an eye out for her is she was okay, and had since sold and moved, which she feels is a loss.
She has a nice Chinese family a few doors up across road that I know will help if any problem.
The rest of court have new renters and bogans all the time. One of the permanent live ins does nothing but complain all the time against the neighbours to police for stupid things. Known to be a nuisance that one.
So we had a talk last night on phone, daughter texted sensitive stuff as houses are so close together she often hears people talking or sneezing from their homes.
She is going to stay with a friend from dance, in an apartment for a few days as that is her instinct to go.
I say to trust it and do it.
We also spoke of having a house mate for say $100 week which is cheap for a fully furnished house but it helps with security and pays for utilities at least. And it helps someone rent to live on the cheap. It will most likely be someone from dance that she knows.
To be continued....
Last edited by Lols on 23 May 2020, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

Where is she? Hervey Bay?

johnsmith
Lion

Post by johnsmith »

Lols wrote:
23 May 2020, 12:06
Burst water pipes fall under building insurance don't they?

If they do, then the insurance company is responsible for the resultant damage. At the very least they ought to clean it up.

Maybe aussie can shed some legal light on it.
FD.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Post by Aussie »

johnsmith wrote:
23 May 2020, 13:02
Lols wrote:
23 May 2020, 12:06
Burst water pipes fall under building insurance don't they?

If they do, then the insurance company is responsible for the resultant damage. At the very least they ought to clean it up.

Maybe aussie can shed some legal light on it.
I'd have to see the Policy.