The Truth About the Coronavirus

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
Post Reply
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 03:07
pinkeye wrote:
20 May 2020, 01:41
Yep I stand by all of it.

Whether you stand by your own words or not, is irrelevant. They are STILL your own words. They are still offensive, insulting, condescending, and irrelevant. So, again troll, why are you here? You offer nothing, say nothing, and certainly know even less. This is MY thread troll, YOU fuck-off.
IF you haven't worked it out by now, I doubt you ever will... but ... :roll :bgrin I never give up.

So I wonder why your rage is directed at people that disagree with you. IF you held truth , it would be obvious to all, wouldn't it. ?
Truth is self-evident.

IF you honestly believe you KNOW the TRUTH about Covid-19 , and you are a religious, you are full of it mate. Totally full of it.
Give yourself a rest, you spend too much time on your computer.

Computers and GOD..? I don't think it works for you.
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

Someone who can't understand that all numbers represent something. So, to say that numbers on their own are meaningless, is to say that what the numbers represent are also meaningless.
says SHELL.

Just ONE of your moronic statements .
Your conclusion, above, is facile, and simply incorrect.. You can say whatever you like about interpreting numbers... STATS.. U NO ?
Yes.. well perhaps your interpretation of these unsupported FACTS you insist upon as the TRUTH is in fact NOT. Have you allowed for personal bias.?
We don't have to explain .. YOU have failed to convince , your posts, so full of YOURSELF, are simply too much fucking effort.
WHY would anyone take your direction on how to post, FFS.!!

Your declarations are so constantly and repetitively irrelevant or overly demanding...( you expect certain responses only )… the reason no-one wants to answer you is it is so fucking boring.. Every fucking sentence is a question and a challenge.. A slag-off.
A total waste... IF you were trying to convince others YOU ARE RIGHT. To convince others that you KNOW TRUTH.
You fucked up bigtime.

But from my point of view, you are so deranged I can only attempt to counter the harm you do. I don't care what you say about me... I love this phrase... " I couldn't give a continental"
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3336
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Shell you say you listen to arguments but you refuse and change this one over and over again.

In march new daily infections went from 100 to 470 per day in less than a week..
You completely ignore this and actually say it's wrong.

If you can't accept the fact of this, there is really no point looking at your other "facts"

You instead get a average from the middle of January to show a low average number of infections...

I guess it ruins your premise... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
The only thing that gives me a reason for pause, is that I could have been like you.
instead, you opted to for stupidity
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Someone who can't understand that all numbers represent something.
no sh1t sherlock
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
is to say that what the numbers represent are also meaningless.
ahh, no, it really isn't the same thing :roll

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
f you five disagree with me(or partially disagree with me), then what specifically do you all disagree with?
read the replies from everyone... it's all there in black and white
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Do you think the entire country should be shut down, because of virus?
if after pages and pages of crap you still haven't worked that out, there is simply no hope for you
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Also, idiots don't feel pity or sadness.
explains why you don't care how many die :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
20 May 2020, 05:11
Shell you say you listen to arguments but you refuse and change this one over and over again.

In march new daily infections went from 100 to 470 per day in less than a week..
You completely ignore this and actually say it's wrong.

If you can't accept the fact of this, there is really no point looking at your other "facts"

You instead get a average from the middle of January to show a low average number of infections...

I guess it ruins your premise... :purple
Oh, I do listen to your arguments and assertions. But before I blindly accept them as the truth, I check first if they are factually and logically consistent. Your arguments and assertions are NOT FACTUALLY or LOGICALLT consistent. If they were, then hundreds of thousands of Australians would be infected already. They aren't. If the government told you that aliens had landed in the MSG, would you accept it, or check for the evidence to support it?

I checked the number of people infected every day before the lockdown. I started with the very first infection(Jan.25), to the last person infected before the lockdown(Mar. 12). The highest number of infections in one day was 25(Mar.12), and the lowest was 1 on 6 days(24,6,5,4,1/March & 27/Jan.). I then looked at all the stats after the lockdown began, up to May 18th. The highest number of infections in one day was 457(Mar. 28), and the lowest was 7(April 27).

If you are going to make a claim that, "In march new daily infections went from 100 to 470 per day in less than a week..", then I expect you to back-up your claim with evidence. How else do you determine the daily rate of infections? I have proven that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the average daily rate of infections before the lockdown, to be anywhere near 100(only 3). It would be more accurate to say that the average daily infections, went from 3 before the lockdowns, to 103 after the lockdowns. That is at least accurate. Do you want me to list the exact daily numbers of infections from Jan. 25th until May 18th? Or, will you nust simply deny and ignore these facts as well?

However, if we take the daily infections from the 1st 9 days of the lockdown(41,51,49,78,78,113,142,138,228), and divide the total by 9 days, we get 102 average daily infections in that period. If we then take the infections from the second week(22nd March) of the lockdown(289,328,370,380,375,375,457), and divide by those 7 days, we get 366 average daily infections in that week. Therefore, you would be correct to claim that the daily infections in March went from 100 to 360(not 470) in one week. At least this assertion is verifiable and fact-based.

Am I suppose to ignore these facts? And only accept the facts that YOU deposit? You took one day that had the highest number of infections, and used it to represent the average daily number of infections. This is fallacious and dishonest. And, you know it.

Jan. 25th is not the middle of January, and the period was 47 days. I was comparing the stats before and after the lockdown. Especially, since your claims was to promote, just how effective the lockdown was. The facts obviously don't support this claim. So, yes, I do say that the claim is wrong and misleading. And, I have shown you the facts and logic to prove it. Now it is YOU who is choosing to ignore the facts. It is YOU who is choosing to ignore my interpretation of the facts. And, It is YOU who is choosing to NOT to defend your own claim. Other than just shaming and blaming.

Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations. In other words, if my interpretation of the facts is incorrect, WHY! If the facts are wrong, WHY! Do you have a verifiable alternative explanation? If one person is killed in a car accident, should we ban all cars? 15,500 people die from smoking, and 6,000 people die from alcohol abuse every year. Should we ban all tobacco and alcohol for health reasons? 100 elderly people die from existing complications, aggravated by the coronavirus, and we close down our economy, force social distancing, end jobs and businesses, and to herald in a new surveillance state. Please Think!!!

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

pinkeye wrote:
20 May 2020, 04:15
Someone who can't understand that all numbers represent something. So, to say that numbers on their own are meaningless, is to say that what the numbers represent are also meaningless.
says SHELL.

Just ONE of your moronic statements .
Your conclusion, above, is facile, and simply incorrect.. You can say whatever you like about interpreting numbers... STATS.. U NO ?
Yes.. well perhaps your interpretation of these unsupported FACTS you insist upon as the TRUTH is in fact NOT. Have you allowed for personal bias.?
We don't have to explain .. YOU have failed to convince , your posts, so full of YOURSELF, are simply too much fucking effort.
WHY would anyone take your direction on how to post, FFS.!!

Your declarations are so constantly and repetitively irrelevant or overly demanding...( you expect certain responses only )… the reason no-one wants to answer you is it is so fucking boring.. Every fucking sentence is a question and a challenge.. A slag-off.
A total waste... IF you were trying to convince others YOU ARE RIGHT. To convince others that you KNOW TRUTH.
You fucked up bigtime.

But from my point of view, you are so deranged I can only attempt to counter the harm you do. I don't care what you say about me... I love this phrase... " I couldn't give a continental"

If I were anything like you, I would be only reconstructing my own swan song.
If I were anything like you, and lacked this level of comprehension, I would feel exactly the same way you do.
If I were anything like you, I would also be overcompensating for having this level of ignorance exposed. And, my ego, integrity, and pride hurt.
If I were anything like you, I would continue to try an baffle people with bullshit, because I know I will never impress them with knowledge.
If I were anything like you, I would just move on. because only facts, evidence, and logic will falsify my claims. Not insults and profanity.
If I were anything like you, I too would make excuses, to avoid answering questions, and exposing that I have nothing to backup anything I say.
If I were anything like you, I would realize that attacking my syntax, grammar, person, or shaming and blaming, are all irrelevant to the topic.
If I were anything like you, then pride and self-esteem will eventually be the last things left to loose.

Your last statement says it all, "But from my point of view, you are so deranged I can only attempt to counter the harm you do. I don't care what you say about me... I love this phrase... " I couldn't give a continental". You sound like one of those deranged psychotic religious zealots, who self-appoint themselves, as the protector and saviour from the harm that I may cause. Here's a quote that I also love. "Those who shout the loudest, usually have the most to hide.". I may be a deranged fuckwit, but I am at least a rational one. I think I have given you enough of the benefit of any doubt. Take your dumb-ass elsewhere, and go pollute and dumb-down someone else's thread. Or, just talk among yourselves.

Do you know what the origin of the idiom is, that you so love? It refers to the currency(continental) issued by the First Continental Congress in 1774. The currency was later proved to be worthless---JUST LIKE YOU!!!

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
20 May 2020, 16:57
Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll
Do you even understand what my comments even mean? You can assert that I have not littered my posts with facts and evidence. You can assert that I do not support my claims. But simply asserting it does NOT prove it. Prove that I haven't.

But in case you actually don't have a clue what facts and evidence are, what is your criteria for determining what is or isn't facts and evidence?

I really don't think you give a shit about any facts or evidence that I do present. Even when I highlight the word "Fact", every time use one. Just stay in denial and save your ego. I guess it is more important to be right, than to except the fact that you can be wrong. Right?

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
20 May 2020, 10:11
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
The only thing that gives me a reason for pause, is that I could have been like you.
instead, you opted to for stupidity
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Someone who can't understand that all numbers represent something.
no sh1t sherlock
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
is to say that what the numbers represent are also meaningless.
ahh, no, it really isn't the same thing :roll

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
f you five disagree with me(or partially disagree with me), then what specifically do you all disagree with?
read the replies from everyone... it's all there in black and white
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Do you think the entire country should be shut down, because of virus?
if after pages and pages of crap you still haven't worked that out, there is simply no hope for you
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 02:29
Also, idiots don't feel pity or sadness.
explains why you don't care how many die :grn

When did you stop beating your wife? And why?

User avatar
mothra
Duck
Posts: 6643
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by mothra »

Trump Claims There Are “Very Fine Organisms On Both Sides” Of Pandemic'

Donald Trump seemingly sympathised with Covid-19 pathogens at a press briefing on Thursday, saying, “You have some very bad microorganisms in that group, the coronavirus group, but you also have organisms that are very fine organisms, on both sides of this pandemic.”

When reporters pressured Trump on his comments, the President said, “The media has treated the coronavirus very badly, and there are some viruses that have been deadly, but it’s important to remember that they have not all been deadly, ok. In fact, only a very small amount are deadly.”

Michigan Governor Gretchen Witmer, a frequent Trump target for her strict stay-at-home policies, weighed in saying, “I find it incredibly irresponsible of the President to show sympathy to Covid-19. It’s very demeaning to all our healthcare workers, as well as all Americans, to side with a virus that has claimed thousands of lives.”

Trump fired back on Twitter, stating, “Not-Good Gretchen has been so bad for Michigan! Sad! We have millions of pathogens who need hosts andmillions more people who want to get back to work. This is a win-win. No brainer!”]


https://theshovel.com.au/2020/05/07/tru ... -pandemic/

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

Indeed.

Reminds you of someone eh? Mothra. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:11

When did you stop beating your wife? And why?
about the same time I started beating you
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:05
Aussie wrote:
20 May 2020, 16:57
Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll
Do you even understand what my comments even mean? You can assert that I have not littered my posts with facts and evidence. You can assert that I do not support my claims. But simply asserting it does NOT prove it. Prove that I haven't.

But in case you actually don't have a clue what facts and evidence are, what is your criteria for determining what is or isn't facts and evidence?

I really don't think you give a shit about any facts or evidence that I do present. Even when I highlight the word "Fact", every time use one. Just stay in denial and save your ego. I guess it is more important to be right, than to except the fact that you can be wrong. Right?
I reckon I have a pretty solid grasp of what 'evidence' is, and while you criticise others for not including evidence to back up their assertions, you hypocritically never include evidence to support your assertions.

:roll

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 08:48
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:05
Aussie wrote:
20 May 2020, 16:57
Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll
Do you even understand what my comments even mean? You can assert that I have not littered my posts with facts and evidence. You can assert that I do not support my claims. But simply asserting it does NOT prove it. Prove that I haven't.

But in case you actually don't have a clue what facts and evidence are, what is your criteria for determining what is or isn't facts and evidence?

I really don't think you give a shit about any facts or evidence that I do present. Even when I highlight the word "Fact", every time use one. Just stay in denial and save your ego. I guess it is more important to be right, than to except the fact that you can be wrong. Right?
I reckon I have a pretty solid grasp of what 'evidence' is, and while you criticise others for not including evidence to back up their assertions, you hypocritically never include evidence to support your assertions.

:roll


"What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?".

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
21 May 2020, 08:11
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:11

When did you stop beating your wife? And why?
about the same time I started beating you
And when was that? And why?

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:02
johnsmith wrote:
21 May 2020, 08:11
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:11

When did you stop beating your wife? And why?
about the same time I started beating you
And when was that? And why?
when you started writing a load of crap on here ... for writing a load of crap on here.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:00
Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 08:48
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:05
Aussie wrote:
20 May 2020, 16:57
Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll
Do you even understand what my comments even mean? You can assert that I have not littered my posts with facts and evidence. You can assert that I do not support my claims. But simply asserting it does NOT prove it. Prove that I haven't.

But in case you actually don't have a clue what facts and evidence are, what is your criteria for determining what is or isn't facts and evidence?

I really don't think you give a shit about any facts or evidence that I do present. Even when I highlight the word "Fact", every time use one. Just stay in denial and save your ego. I guess it is more important to be right, than to except the fact that you can be wrong. Right?
I reckon I have a pretty solid grasp of what 'evidence' is, and while you criticise others for not including evidence to back up their assertions, you hypocritically never include evidence to support your assertions.

:roll


"What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?".
For example. I say that water is dry. That is an assertion of fact. As opposed to, I say that water is dry and here is my evidence which supports that assertion of fact ~ *here insert the objective evidence that water is dry.* That is an assertion of fact backed up by evidence.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

mothra wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:38
Trump Claims There Are “Very Fine Organisms On Both Sides” Of Pandemic'

Donald Trump seemingly sympathised with Covid-19 pathogens at a press briefing on Thursday, saying, “You have some very bad microorganisms in that group, the coronavirus group, but you also have organisms that are very fine organisms, on both sides of this pandemic.”

When reporters pressured Trump on his comments, the President said, “The media has treated the coronavirus very badly, and there are some viruses that have been deadly, but it’s important to remember that they have not all been deadly, ok. In fact, only a very small amount are deadly.”

Michigan Governor Gretchen Witmer, a frequent Trump target for her strict stay-at-home policies, weighed in saying, “I find it incredibly irresponsible of the President to show sympathy to Covid-19. It’s very demeaning to all our healthcare workers, as well as all Americans, to side with a virus that has claimed thousands of lives.”

Trump fired back on Twitter, stating, “Not-Good Gretchen has been so bad for Michigan! Sad! We have millions of pathogens who need hosts andmillions more people who want to get back to work. This is a win-win. No brainer!”]


https://theshovel.com.au/2020/05/07/tru ... -pandemic/
[/quote


I would expect nothing less from a misogynistic, egocentric, sociopathic narcissist. He has the moral empathy of a crocodile. But, even Trump is not asking people to download a tracking app, to allow the government to follow its citizen's movements, Even HE knows how sovereign the right to privacy is.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:12
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:00
Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 08:48
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
20 May 2020, 23:05
Aussie wrote:
20 May 2020, 16:57
Again, I am not interested in any of your assertions that I am wrong, or that I refuse to listen you or anyone else. Any moron can make assertions and accusations, without evidence. I'm only interested in the evidence supporting your claims and accusations.
And yet......in that, yet again long diatribe........no evidence, just your assertions and accusations. Why do you neglect to include the evidence supporting your claims and accusations?

:roll
Do you even understand what my comments even mean? You can assert that I have not littered my posts with facts and evidence. You can assert that I do not support my claims. But simply asserting it does NOT prove it. Prove that I haven't.

But in case you actually don't have a clue what facts and evidence are, what is your criteria for determining what is or isn't facts and evidence?

I really don't think you give a shit about any facts or evidence that I do present. Even when I highlight the word "Fact", every time use one. Just stay in denial and save your ego. I guess it is more important to be right, than to except the fact that you can be wrong. Right?
I reckon I have a pretty solid grasp of what 'evidence' is, and while you criticise others for not including evidence to back up their assertions, you hypocritically never include evidence to support your assertions.

:roll


"What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?".
For example. I say that water is dry. That is an assertion of fact. As opposed to, I say that water is dry and here is my evidence which supports that assertion of fact ~ *here insert the objective evidence that water is dry.* That is an assertion of fact backed up by evidence.
""What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?". NOT in making a truth claim/assertion. Which in your example is a false truth claim/assertion. Asserting that water is dry, is objectively, and factually wrong. Therefore, not evidence for the truth. Right? Also, assertion of facts, is NOT evidence of facts. Right?

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Asserting that water is dry, is objectively, and factually wrong. Therefore, not evidence for the truth. Right? Also, assertion of facts, is NOT evidence of facts. Right?
If I say 'water is dry,' it is merely an assertion of fact, you could call it an opinion. If I say, 'Water is dry,' and then couple that statement with scientific research that it is dry, that is the evidence which supports my assertion.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 10:49
Asserting that water is dry, is objectively, and factually wrong. Therefore, not evidence for the truth. Right? Also, assertion of facts, is NOT evidence of facts. Right?
If I say 'water is dry,' it is merely an assertion of fact, you could call it an opinion. If I say, 'Water is dry,' and then couple that statement with scientific research that it is dry, that is the evidence which supports my assertion.
So, if I claim that "Aussie" is a little girl, then am I asserting a fact, or an opinion? Again, "What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?". Since water has already been proven NOT to be dry, you are NOT asserting a fact. The evidence does not support the assertion. Right? Therefore, NOT a truth claim. This is not about the act of asserting, it is about your understanding of what a fact is. Since you keep claiming that I never present facts or evidence in any of my posts. So, back it up. What is your definition of a fact, or evidence? Make sure you include the words verifiable and falsifiable, are in your definition.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

So, if I claim that "Aussie" is a little girl, then am I asserting a fact, or an opinion?
Both, depending on the syntax/grammar you used when you made the comment.

Show your evidence that I am a 'little girl.'

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 15:43
So, if I claim that "Aussie" is a little girl, then am I asserting a fact, or an opinion?
Both, depending on the syntax/grammar you used when you made the comment.

Show your evidence that I am a 'little girl.'
What does syntax and grammar have to do with your definition of facts and evidence? Are you saying that a fact is anything that is already known and proven to be true? Or, that a fact is anything that can be verified or proven to be true or false? Therefore, calling you a little girl, is NOT an assertion of fact. It is an opinion. Since it is not already known to be true, or proven to be false or true.

An opinion however, is an assertion/statement that can only be an expression of a belief, a feeling, a judgement, or an attitude. It is neither true nor false. Therefore, subjective, NOT objective. Your opinions can be wrong, but the facts are not.

Now for the last time, "What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?". Focus, please!!

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

am i the only one finding this painful to read? :WTF
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9724
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
21 May 2020, 16:47
Aussie wrote:
21 May 2020, 15:43
So, if I claim that "Aussie" is a little girl, then am I asserting a fact, or an opinion?
Both, depending on the syntax/grammar you used when you made the comment.

Show your evidence that I am a 'little girl.'
What does syntax and grammar have to do with your definition of facts and evidence? Are you saying that a fact is anything that is already known and proven to be true? Or, that a fact is anything that can be verified or proven to be true or false? Therefore, calling you a little girl, is NOT an assertion of fact. It is an opinion. Since it is not already known to be true, or proven to be false or true.

An opinion however, is an assertion/statement that can only be an expression of a belief, a feeling, a judgement, or an attitude. It is neither true nor false. Therefore, subjective, NOT objective. Your opinions can be wrong, but the facts are not.

Now for the last time, "What is your criteria for determining what IS or ISN'T facts and evidence?". Focus, please!!
There is no point in carrying on this discussion. It is obvious that no matter what I say (after years of dealing with assertions and evidence) I will never get your horse to the water, let alone have the horse drink it.

Post Reply