The Truth About the Coronavirus

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
Post Reply
Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

There will always be sheep, and there will always be shepherds. There will always be those that will follow, and those that will lead. There will always be those that will question, and those that will obey. And, there will always be those who will think they are right, and those who will know they are right. So, lets separate fact from hype, about the Coronavirus(Covid-19). Remember, there are no vaccines, or antiviral drugs to treat those infected with the coronavirus. Currently,

Worldwide 528,704 people infected. 23,958 people have died. That is a 95.47% survival rate(without treatment)
USA 85,520 people infected. 1,297 people have died. That is a 98.49% survival rate(without treatment)
Australia over 3,000 people infected 14 people have died That is a 99.54% survival rate(without treatment)
Italy 80,589 people infected 8,215 people have died That is a 89.91% survival rate(without treatment)
China 81,340 people infected 3,292 people have died That is a 95.96% survival rate(without treatment)

Are these facts enough to justify, letting our government suspend most of our civil liberties? Letting our government destroy, or cause the closures of our businesses, clubs, functions, sporting events, airline and travel industries? Even our hospitality and tourism industries? Is this seasonal flu virus(like SARS, MERS, Swine and Zika flu) worth the destruction of our basic economic infrastructure? Is it worth creating a biological martial law, and fining and imprisoning citizens that don't comply? And, does it justify allowing our government to tell us where we can and cannot go, and what you can and cannot say(internet)? Are we really this gullible, and easily manipulated by manufactured hype of selective truths? Will we begin releasing all prisoners and mental patients, and start closing down all schools to protect our children? We have already closed down our borders, started to demonize other countries(China), and are quarantining our elderly citizens. I don't care how many new cases there are. I only care about, if I am infected with the virus, what will be my chances of survival?. That is all that matters. Especially, since there is no direct treatment, or defence against the disease directly. Remember, those people imposing these restrictions, will NOT be the ones suffering from these restrictions

Regarding masks.Only those with symptoms of the virus, or have been confirmed with having the virus, or work with those infected with the virus, should wear a mask. Surgical masks are not recommended for healthy people, to prevent them from being infected by COVID-19. These masks were meant for carers, healthcare workers and the sick, to prevent them from spreading the disease to those who are not infected. Masks do not protect you from the aerosol form, and 5% of the droplet form of COVID-19(mask are only 95% effective). Masks don't protect you from getting the disease through your eyes and ears. It also can't protect you from getting the disease from touching infected surfaces(including the mask itself), and then touching your face. Finally, whenever you breathe air in through the mask, air leakage from the sides of the mask will allow the virus entry. These masks are only to slow the spread of the disease by those already infected, NOT to prevent people from catching the disease. Does anyone here really think that a microbiological pathogen(virus), that is a thousand times smaller than a bacteria, will somehow be stopped by a paper filter? Think.

I would rather eat s**t and die, than to agree with Trump on anything. But this time he is right. Only a moron would destroy our economy, quarantine 99% of its people, put more people out of work since the Great Depression, suspend our civil liberties, and bring our country to the brink of the worst depression/recession, that we may never recover from. All because of a flu-like disease, that has infected less than 0.03% of the US population(less than 0.01% of the Australian population), and with a less than 1% fatality rate. A disease where up to 99% of those fatalities, were involving the elderly, or those with an already compromised immune systems, or had some other pre-existing medical condition. The only thing more terrifying than the government's reaction of this overhyped crisis, is the blind willingness of the people to believe, that these inordinate measures are being done in their best interests. Or, for their own good. Wonder what the government's actions will be, during the next flu season? Flu Quarantine Camps?

It is ironic, that even the most incompetent world leader on the planet, is refusing to shut down all large group venues and activities, quarantine a nation by isolating its individuals, arrest and fine anyone who does not comply, destroy thousands of businesses that may never reopen again, and to lead us into the largest unemployment and recession/depression in our economic history. This madman, has now become the world's only voice of reason. It is becoming clear to me, that only the hype matters to the mob. Facts just get in the way.

Are we really this gullible? Are we really this impressionable and affectable? God help us, and God save us, from our own ignorance. Respect.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9722
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

You refer to 'our Country.' Which is that?

Bongalong
Warthog
Posts: 4110
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Bongalong »

It's All about the elderly: we all know they get left in nursing homes to die with no family to visit them all the time so we collectively feel guilty, and thus comply!
"Oi!"

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:You refer to 'our Country.' Which is that?
It doesn't matter. I was born in America, and raised in Australia. So, Australia or America.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9722
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
Aussie wrote:You refer to 'our Country.' Which is that?
It doesn't matter. I was born in America, and raised in Australia. So, Australia or America.
I reckon we should know so that we can evaluate any self interest in your comments. Are you now living in the USA?

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.

:beer

Bongalong
Warthog
Posts: 4110
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Bongalong »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
Aussie wrote:You refer to 'our Country.' Which is that?
It doesn't matter. I was born in America, and raised in Australia. So, Australia or America.
Lol, :roll
"Oi!"

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
Aussie wrote:You refer to 'our Country.' Which is that?
It doesn't matter. I was born in America, and raised in Australia. So, Australia or America.
I reckon we should know so that we can evaluate any self interest in your comments. Are you now living in the USA?

Welcome to the Forum, by the way.

:beer
I don't think my motives, biases, or my self-interests, have any relevance to the facts, logic, and the conclusions that I deposit. Either they are inaccurate, misrepresented, irrelevant, unrelated, immaterial, or they will stand on their own merits. If I said, "Don't jump into the pool, because there in no water in it", my self-interests will have very little relevance. Myers have closed their doors for 4 weeks(starting today), and 10,000 of its staff have been stood down without pay. By the current statistics, 4 out of those 10,000 people, would be infected by the virus, with an almost negligible risk that any of them will die. Again, my self-interests have very little relevance.

However, my only personal interests on this issue, is to highlight the government's possible dishonesty, accountability, and its lack of context and perspective. The government, and its establishment media, must provide the public with not only the facts about this seasonal flu virus, but must also present the facts in their proper and full context. Not with half-truths and suppositions. Too many people can be easily influenced, manipulated, and brainwashed, by how how facts can be framed. This is called, "framing the narrative", or not putting the facts in their proper perspective. My goal is to provide context and perspective, as an alternative to the government's half-truths and fear mongering. My objective , is to provide the factual context, for those people to voice a well-supported/fact-based objection to their representatives. And, to raise awareness that there is always a bigger picture to consider. Remember 646,000 people die from the flu each year(0.008% of the world). This, unfortunately, is nature's natural way of culling the human population.

I have lived for almost 40 years in NSW and Queensland(currently), and have raised a family to adulthood. My concerns are for my children's future, and the future of my society. Especially, since we can so easily be convinced, to voluntarily give up this much power, to those people who will suffer the least. If we are so willing to "assume the position", do as we are told, be stripped of our livelihood and civil liberties, be restricted in our travel across borders, be restricted from attending large venues and large group activities, be arrested or fined for failures to comply, and be quarantined from from our friends, then the level of justification must be greater than the level of sacrifice. I just don't think that a mild(by comparison) yearly seasonal flu, is worth this level of social, and economic sacrifice. And, the stats bare this out.

Thank you. I hope I can make a meaningful contribution. I sincerely hope I do not offend anyone here. That is certainly not my intention. Although, I am fairly passionate by nature, but otherwise harmless.

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56359
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by HBS Guy »

Hey, tread on toes all you like.

User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
Posts: 56359
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by HBS Guy »

Scummo let the Hillsong conference go ahead and now there are 30 cases of infection—Scummo has blood on his hands (joining that from the suicides of recipients of the Roboletters) if any of these die. Stupid religion!

Is that weak cunt our worst PM? Has to be in the running!

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9722
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

The government, and its establishment media, must provide the public with not only the facts about this seasonal flu virus, but must also present the facts in their proper and full context.
Nah.....that is the Trump 'narrative.' False, and the facts go against your proposition. This is NOT your garden variety annual flu thing, which will be an overlay on this nasty.

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3336
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Aussie wrote:
The government, and its establishment media, must provide the public with not only the facts about this seasonal flu virus, but must also present the facts in their proper and full context.
Nah.....that is the Trump 'narrative.' False, and the facts go against your proposition. This is NOT your garden variety annual flu thing, which will be an overlay on this nasty.
Well so far flu numbers are way down this month compared to last year, while jan and feb where almost the same... If C-19 stays like it is we will save 1000's of lives in Australia this year from social distancing....Yes it's not just the Flu, but we have become complaisant on just how deadly the flu is each year.... almost 5000 deaths last year in NSW alone..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9722
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:25

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Aussie wrote:
The government, and its establishment media, must provide the public with not only the facts about this seasonal flu virus, but must also present the facts in their proper and full context.
Nah.....that is the Trump 'narrative.' False, and the facts go against your proposition. This is NOT your garden variety annual flu thing, which will be an overlay on this nasty.
Well so far flu numbers are way down this month compared to last year, while jan and feb where almost the same... If C-19 stays like it is we will save 1000's of lives in Australia this year from social distancing....Yes it's not just the Flu, but we have become complaisant on just how deadly the flu is each year.... almost 5000 deaths last year in NSW alone..... :purple
Got a link, especially to how there was a diferential made between this nasty and the flu?

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1088
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Chuck »

Masks do not protect you from the aerosol form, and 5% of the droplet form of COVID-19(mask are only 95% effective). Masks don't protect you from getting the disease through your eyes and ears. It also can't protect you from getting the disease from touching infected surfaces(including the mask itself), and then touching your face.

I would reckon 95% effectiveness is good odds if someone coughs in ur face?

The issue isn’t the protective nature for non-contaminated users, but simply the handling of masks after use.

This to me, would suggest the more people wore these masks, it would slow down the spread even further.
Maybe we need info in reusing these mask with advice on how to remove these masks and how too decontaminate them.

One of my kids works in a hospital and they aren’t supplied with mask's or protective eye ware.
I heard a rumour that if they wear these protective equipment, it may cause anxiety amongst the patients.

The only precautionary feature at the hospital is their temperature are taken before being allowed to work.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Chuck wrote:Masks do not protect you from the aerosol form, and 5% of the droplet form of COVID-19(mask are only 95% effective). Masks don't protect you from getting the disease through your eyes and ears. It also can't protect you from getting the disease from touching infected surfaces(including the mask itself), and then touching your face.

I would reckon 95% effectiveness is good odds if someone coughs in ur face?

The issue isn’t the protective nature for non-contaminated users, but simply the handling of masks after use.

This to me, would suggest the more people wore these masks, it would slow down the spread even further.
Maybe we need info in reusing these mask with advice on how to remove these masks and how too decontaminate them.

One of my kids works in a hospital and they aren’t supplied with mask's or protective eye ware.
I heard a rumour that if they wear these protective equipment, it may cause anxiety amongst the patients.

The only precautionary feature at the hospital is their temperature are taken before being allowed to work.

Let me just repeat some indisputable facts. The most important factor about any virus, is not its virulent factor. It is its fatality factor. Of the 16 deaths in Australia, only one person was under 70 years old(he was 68). The other 15 ranged in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Most had some pre-existing conditions, and others had already compromised immune system before they were infected. If we also factor in, that out of the over 4M Australians that are over 65 years(15.7% of the population), that only 0.0003% of them have died(16) from the virus, then the government's level of response is completely unnecessary, and will only cause more problems than the virus can ever do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coro ... _Australia . Facts do not lie. Context and perspective is everything.

Regarding masks. I have said before, only HEALTHCARE WORKERS, and those who are infected by the disease, should be wearing masks. Since one group cares and treats those who are already infected, and the other group are those who are already infected, there is no need for healthy people to wear them. It is these two groups, that we are trying to keep from spreading the disease. Healthy people do not spread disease. I have no idea what having your temperature checked, have to do specifically with the coronavirus. Since, any of the 7 coronaviruses, or any other virus, or even a simple infection, will produce a high temperature. I have also heard, that having a bunch of strangers praying by your bedside, can also produce anxiety in a patient.

I suppose we could all walk around in complete hazmat gear, with its own independent self-contained breathing apparatus. Even this is not a 100% guarantee. Even if you never plan to take it off. Since wearing a face mask does not require a degree, I think that the 9 instructions given, is more than sufficient. Although, I fear that the additional instructions might be ignored. Such as, removal of all glasses and facial hair for the optimum fit. Also, if you have an existing health conditions(heart, shortness of breath, facial deformities, chronic lung problems), then you should consult your doctor. Or, if the mask is soiled or damaged, then you must be replaced immediately. There is no protection from the airborne form of the virus. The 95% protection was only for the droplet form, if someone sneezed or coughed onto the mask. However, eyes and ears are not protected. And, unless you are OCD, washing your hands after touching any surface, is also not a practical safeguard.

There is a reason why humans have survived for so long in the animal kingdom. That is, given enough time, our immune system can adapt to any strain of pathogen. Even the Coronavirus. So you can just let the body do the job, it has done since the dawn of mankind. Or, you can live your life in a bubble, trying desperately to avoid a pathogen that is 1,000 times smaller than a bacteria. A pathogen that is 0.0% fatal to anyone under 68. And only 0.0003% fatal for those over 67(16/4,048,950) X 100%. So far.

All of this, because of the death of 16 elderly people, out of millions? Really? Am I the only one, that can see that the king is NOT wearing any clothes? Or, has the fear of the disease, become more important, than the reality of the disease? Why are we just letting the government take away your basic freedoms? We are smarter than this.

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

So that is the truth then.. we have to live and die with it, without attempting to take any personal protection.?
This isn't the flu.. doh. :roll We have long-term vaccines against various flu strains. Millions survive because of those vaccins.
This COVID-19 has NO VACCINE.
But you think
Better to die and pass on herd immunity than to submit to health measures that can and will and are saving lives.? Be my guest. off you go.

Oh and yeah I agree about the masks. Only useful for reducing the shedding of infected people. Of course we know it doesn't protect carers, or health care professionals or nurses.. with ALL the PPE they can bring to bear, they are still going down like flies. PPE is a comforting idea, and it obviously works against the Flue, because numbers are way you say..

But it OBVIOUSLY doesn't work against Covid-19.


So your argument , for whatever it is worth, is based on insufficient data..

seems pointless to me to try to buck the trend, whatever you might personally think. I imagine you're one of those partying at Burleigh Beach recently.? :roll
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

HBS Guy wrote:Hey, tread on toes all you like.
Yeah Shellandsand1956.. I'll tread on your toes, and probably offend as often as I feel the urge to post a reply. Hey, apologies in advance. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
The government, and its establishment media, must provide the public with not only the facts about this seasonal flu virus, but must also present the facts in their proper and full context.
Nah.....that is the Trump 'narrative.' False, and the facts go against your proposition. This is NOT your garden variety annual flu thing, which will be an overlay on this nasty.

I agree that this is not your garden variety version of the flu virus. In fact, based on its mortality rates, transmission rates, and speed of replication rates, it is about 10 times more deadly than the common flu virus(influenza A&B). But it is still a mutated strand of a Coronavirus. I have never stated, or implied that this virus is only a garden variety version. My concern has always been, our reaction to it. All I know, is that there are a relatively small number of people catching this virus(like the flu), and over 98% of those that do, will survive without any treatment(other than for the symptoms only). I also know that there are only 16 elderly Australians that have died from this virus. Which implies that 99.9997% of the elderly population will survive the virus. And, that the people who are not elderly, and don't have any underlying health issues, will have a 100% chance of surviving the virus, and a 99.98% chance of not being infected at all. Based on the statistical facts(Australia). In Australia, around 3,000 people have died each year from the flu, for the last 10 years. Did you know that as of the 11th of Feb., 136 children have died from the flu(H3N1 strain)? This year it is estimated that around 4000 Australians will die from the flu. This represents about 0.01% of the population(99.99% of the population will not be dying).

Destroying jobs and our economy, quarantining people, fining and arresting those that don't comply, suspending large gatherings, functions and venues, and making everyone "government dependent", is just another form of Fascism. We may never recover from this. But we certainly will recover from COVID-19. But, our economy may never be the same again. Many businesses won't be reopening their doors again. All because 16 elderly people died from a flu-like virus, during the flu season? Really? And, you are all okay with this? Do you want to know the stats on smoking a alcohol related deaths each year? Maybe we should be taking these same measures, against these more obvious and the preventable deaths.

I am certainly not perfect. So, if the facts I deposit go against my narrative, then please point them out. If my narrative is false, then point out how it is false. If my facts are not in the proper context, then what context would you put them into?

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5799
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

your comments are irrelevant to what is happening.. Umm your context is erroneous in that we are only about 1 month in to this.. You have fellow deniers here who insist it's just like a flu/cold.
No doubt they'll agree with you.

Sorry but it isn't.

Your basis .. your premise... is untenable, no matter how many stats you through around.. BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS.!!

THE TRUTH.. ABOUT COVID-19.

You can say you do, but you DO NOT.

We will find out though, in time.

But to claim YOU HAVE THE TRUTH..?? good grief..! :roll you must think you r the PM... Scott Morrison. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

pinkeye wrote:So that is the truth then.. we have to live and die with it, without attempting to take any personal protection.?
This isn't the flu.. doh. :roll We have long-term vaccines against various flu strains. Millions survive because of those vaccins.
This COVID-19 has NO VACCINE.
But you think
Better to die and pass on herd immunity than to submit to health measures that can and will and are saving lives.? Be my guest. off you go.

Oh and yeah I agree about the masks. Only useful for reducing the shedding of infected people. Of course we know it doesn't protect carers, or health care professionals or nurses.. with ALL the PPE they can bring to bear, they are still going down like flies. PPE is a comforting idea, and it obviously works against the Flue, because numbers are way you say..

But it OBVIOUSLY doesn't work against Covid-19.


So your argument , for whatever it is worth, is based on insufficient data..

seems pointless to me to try to buck the trend, whatever you might personally think. I imagine you're one of those partying at Burleigh Beach recently.? :roll

What people chose to do to make them feel secure and protected is none of my business. But when their fears impacts on my freedoms, a line must be drawn. Unless, you are a sheep, that will believe and do as you are told. So, if you want to build a shelter, to protect you from a Martians invasion, it is none of my business. But, if I am forced to also build the shelter, then we will have a problem. If you want to wear a mask, or follow government instructions and quarantine yourself, that is your business. But why should I be fined or arrested for not doing so? Especially, when the facts, do not fit the response. If the governments gets away with this fake narrative, then it can frame any narrative it wants in the future.

Do you know how vaccines are made? Or, how the immune system works? A virus attacks the cells of a specific organs in our body. It simply embeds itself into a cell, and uses its RNA(or DNA) to replicate itself. And these replicant will also replicate, and so on. It will continue to replicate itself within the cell, until the cell explodes, sending the new viruses off to embed in other cells. When enough of these cells die, our immune system is alerted, and responds. It begins with a series of responses to get rid the body of the invaders(like coughing, sneezing, watering eyes, increasing the core temperature, and mucus formation). It also will send out a cavalry of fighters to fight these invaders directly. Some will engulf them directly. Some will make antibodies from the defeated invaders to remember them later. And, some will attack only those cells that are infected. If our immune system is compromised, then if enough cells die, then the organ will die, and eventually the host will die.

The point is, that it is the immune system that fights off viral infections. Not any vaccines. Vaccines only give the body an early warning system. So that the virus can't take hold, before the immune system can respond. I other words, you will only get a mild form of the disease. But the immune system is NOT preemptive. Remember, vaccines are not made from people who have died from the virus. It is made from people who have survived. So, we do not have a vaccine for the Coronavirus, because it hasn't been made yet. It is a "novel" virus. Our immune system has a database of thousands of viruses and bacteria, that it is fighting as we speak. Vaccines are mainly for those with compromised immune systems, or other health issues. We have gone through our lives, fighting off viruses and bacterial infections, why do you think we now need to follow government instructions? Healthy people should not be worried. And the stats bare this out as well.

You remember the end of "The war of the world" ?t is true that our bodies have log since adapted to fighting off microorganisms. We will continue to do so, until we are too sick, or too old to do so. This is also shown in the stats. This flu season, like all the others, will pass. But the damage that will be left, won't be because of the flu virus. If people would just look at the data and stats alone, they should be outraged and insulted. Instead people are defended the government sticking it to us, and laughing at us behind closed doors. Maybe, the weak and gullible will not inherit the earth. Please stop listening to the hype, and look at the facts. What I am saying is, you can take whatever measures you want to avoid being infected. Or you can do absolute nothing, and have an over 98% chance of never getting infected, and a 100% chance of surviving the infection. I choose the latter, based on the facts, not on the hyped up fear.

You don't have to buck the trend. Go pick up the phone, go to your computer, or get a pen and paper(old school), and look up the contact details of your local representative. Then tell him that he is out of a job, if he continues to screw with your livelihood. If he ignores you, vote his ass out. It is amazing how quickly the message will get to the other politicians. All politicians know, that the people couldn't get together, to decide what type of air they want to breathe. And, they are right.

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3336
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

What you say about the Virus is true. What you say about the governments Intentions however is just conspiracy theory. Maybe separate the 2 issue's instead of stating facts on how virus's work to lead credibility to your thesis on goverment control :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

Bongalong
Warthog
Posts: 4110
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Bongalong »

HBS Guy wrote:Hey, tread on toes all you like.
"Facts don't care care about feelings etc.... " :purple :purple
"Oi!"

Bongalong
Warthog
Posts: 4110
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Bongalong »

DonDeeHippy wrote:What you say about the Virus is true. What you say about the governments Intentions however is just conspiracy theory. Maybe separate the 2 issue's instead of stating facts on how virus's work to lead credibility to your thesis on goverment control :purple
:WTF
"Oi!"

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote: I don't think my motives, biases, or my self-interests, have any relevance to the facts, logic, and the conclusions that I deposit.
your biases and self interests have everything to do with the logic and conclusions you 'deposit'
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10876
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

yeah, so every govt. in the world decided to join together and start this virus so as to take away your civil liberties :grn



what is it with conspiracy theorists and a lack of common sense?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 12:33
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

DonDeeHippy wrote:What you say about the Virus is true. What you say about the governments Intentions however is just conspiracy theory. Maybe separate the 2 issue's instead of stating facts on how virus's work to lead credibility to your thesis on goverment control :purple
What conspiracy theory have I mentioned about the government? I have no idea what the government's intentions are, nor do I care. Morrison's intentions, like Trump, might be to be seen as being in charge during his over-hyped narrative, to help him win the next election. What I do care about, is WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS ACTUALLY DOING, not WHY THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING IT. Are the facts I have mentioned, part of a conspiracy theory? Is the fining, arresting, quarantining, self-isolating, restricting, misrepresenting the facts, job closures, sports and functions closures, some school closures, and restrictions on the Tourism, Farming, Hospitality, Hotel, and Travel Industries, all just a CONSPIRACY THEORY? Are the $1,330 for individuals, and $6,670 for businesses fines, for breaching public health directives, also a conspiracy theory? Is the woman in Port Macquarie just imagining the $1,000 fine, she received for refusing to "self-isolate" herself? Or, the $6,000 fine, for the massage parlour owner in Sydney, with more than 2 people in his shop, exist only in his imagination? Oh, two more elderly Australians(75, and an over 80) have died from the virus(total 18). Seems that the theory is consistent. That the mortality of the virus, seems only restricted to the elderly, those with existing illnesses, and those with a challenged immune systems. These new victims were elderly, and both had existing illnesses, or challenged immune systems. Now, no more browsing in the shopping centers, or congregating in groups for a chat in Tasmania. What is it going to take, before people wake up, and stop being punked by a conspiracy theory? Also, in Tasmania, police are doing spot checks on private homes, checking for quarantine compliancy.

Since you lost the antibodies your momma gave you at birth, you have been fighting off colds and flus every season. If you survived, your body became more prepared for the next battle. In our advanced years, like everything else, our immune response system is a bit slower, less-efficient, and not as effective. This is the same for every species on the planet(except the humble jelly fish). Just look at the facts. Just name one person under 68, who has died from this illness in Australia? Just look at what percentage of the population is even infected. Just look at the survival and recovery rates, within the entire population. Just look at the history of seasonal viral infections, deaths, and recoveries rates in Australia, for the last 20 years. Then, make up your own mind.

Why are we allowing this level of Fascist martial law, to occur in Australia? We are Australians, and are not prone to panicking over anything. We are suppose to be the strongest, independent, and the most stubborn and honest people on the planet. We are now acting like pussies, letting our pimps tell us, that this is for our own protection. In fact we are becoming worse than pussies. We are even defending our pimps actions. Even though the facts are easily available, and paint a different picture. The German people did not have the luxury of the internet for information. Hitler wrote in his Mein Kampf,

"that to achieve its purpose, propaganda must "be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans until the last member of the public understands what you want him to understand by your slogan. As soon as you sacrifice this slogan and try to be many-sided, the effect will piddle away." Our government is doing exactly this.

My credibility is irrelevant. If my facts are not relevant, then point out the factual issues you have about THEIR credibility. Not mine. Also, if it is not the government that is CONTROLLING all of these social restrictions and actions, then who is? Us?

Post Reply