It is officially a Pandemic

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: It is officially a Pandemic

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Mar 2020, 10:37

11 deaths in Australia, 20,000 worldwide.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 Mar 2020, 12:22

HBS Guy wrote:11 deaths in Australia, 20,000 worldwide.

Ahh so that mean 200 deaths from corona the other are death with corona and other major ailments :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 26 Mar 2020, 19:57

Deaths that would not have happened had the COVID19 virus not transferred to humans.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 27 Mar 2020, 01:09

It is 13 deaths now.

Seems from rough calcs that the death rate world-wide. ranges from 0.5 to nearly 4 percent. Depending on circumstances.

Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19. says DDH.

Well now that claim is debunked. Clusters are appearing where one person infected 17 people (so far) at a Noosa Wedding. I wonder how many people each one of those guests will infect in turn.?

And others have occurred.

And young people with no pre-morbidity health issues are dying. A 21 yr old in England for example.

OF course the actual stats are way beyond what we are seeing reported. We just DO NOT KNOW.

I don't know why you guys are so determined to downplay this. I just wonder what your motives are. Is it only EGO.?? :roll

Long way to go yet.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 04:31

pinkeye wrote:It is 13 deaths now.

Seems from rough calcs that the death rate world-wide. ranges from 0.5 to nearly 4 percent. Depending on circumstances.

Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19. says DDH.

Well now that claim is debunked. Clusters are appearing where one person infected 17 people (so far) at a Noosa Wedding. I wonder how many people each one of those guests will infect in turn.?

And others have occurred.

And young people with no pre-morbidity health issues are dying. A 21 yr old in England for example.

OF course the actual stats are way beyond what we are seeing reported. We just DO NOT KNOW.

I don't know why you guys are so determined to downplay this. I just wonder what your motives are. Is it only EGO.?? :roll

Long way to go yet.

Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19.
Nope Nothing Debunked..
On top of that, Flu (pretty well all other Respiratory viruses) Numbers are dropping very fast with a much higher death rate. SO far this month half the number than last year and with the social distancing I predict flu numbers will be very low which will save thousands of lives.
So the competent way the government are dealing with Corona they will also save thousands of lives from stopping the Flu.
Colds will be right down as well as most colds are corona virus as well... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 05:26

Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-a ... se-numbers

As at 3:00pm on 26 March 2020, there have been 2,799 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 376 new cases since 3:00pm yesterday.
Of the 2,799 confirmed cases in Australia, 11 have died from COVID-19. More than 178,000 tests have been conducted across Australia.
Queensland 493 infections 1 in 10,100 people are infected. No deaths in QLD but 1 QLD'r died in NSW...
00.39% death rate.. (Flu average yearly deathrate 01.30%, Baseline to compare existing Respiratory Virus's)
Most new infections in a day 427 (24 mar), today 376
75 infections over 80 years old...

Few deaths yesterday, very sad. I wanted to see how many more are critical the only source I could find was
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
they have messed up daily numbers and even amount of deaths in Australia so wouldn't take too seriously..
According the them there are 11 People in a serious or critical condition in Australia... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 05:34

Looking a Germany they have a MUCH MUCH lower death rate than other countries
Germany 43,646 infections, 239 Deaths, 23 Serious or critical
Not even many Critical compared to the other high infection countries...

Today China, Italy and USA are almost same Infection total.
China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

By tomorrow USA will be Number 1, Trump has ensured America will be a world Leader again.... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 27 Mar 2020, 05:41

HBS Guy wrote:Deaths that would not have happened had the COVID19 virus not transferred to humans.

comorbidity
schemic heart disease
Atrial Fibrillation
Stroke
Hypertension
Diabetes
Dementia
COPD
Active cancer in the past 5 years
Chronic liver disease
Chronic renal failure

Overall, 1.2% of the sample presented with a no comorbidities, 23.5% with a single comorbidity, 26.6% with 2, and 48.6% with 3 or more.

so 23.5 % had one of the above things, 26.6% had two of the above and
48.6 had 3 or more of the above conditions

Only 1.2% where healthy to begin with..
you can only be 1.2% sure of that Monk..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 27 Mar 2020, 09:40

DonDeeHippy wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Which is why old people die from it, no immune system and probably suffering other illnesses.

they don't die from it they died with it... Big Difference
The straw that broke the Camels back so to speak ... :purple

:WTF
if you're shot in the leg and a main artery is hit are you going to argue they didn't die because they got shot, they died because they bled out?

:thumb :thumb :thumb spot on JS.

Cause and effect is clear...

exactly, for one percent of the deaths, the rest all have others major ailments already :purple

it it was said from the start that it will target those with pre existing illnesses
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Lion

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 10:22

DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

By tomorrow USA will be Number 1, Trump has ensured America will be a world Leader again.... :purple

Yep.

The US is number one today.

No other country has more cases.

The good thing is, once the weather warms up at Easter, they'll all miraculously disappear.

Isn't that right, Seth?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 27 Mar 2020, 10:53

greggerypeccary wrote:

China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

Yep.

The good thing is, once the weather warms up at Easter, they'll all miraculously disappear.

Isn't that right, Seth?

I have read that theory, but that's all it is at this point.

On the positive side, the rate of doubling has extended in the U.S. from 3 days to 4 days, according to a report I read today.

So the number of cases is rising, but the rate is slowing.

Americans largely are on a self-imposed quarantine. Generally speaking we are holed up in our homes, venturing out for the essentials. And so I would expect more cases, and more doubling, but the rate of new cases is starting to slow down, and that is a good thing. I would expect that rate to be considerably more extended in a few weeks.

We're going to beat this thing.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 27 Mar 2020, 10:58

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

Yep.

Isn't that right, Seth?

On the positive side, the rate of doubling has extended in the U.S. from 3 days to 4 days, according to a report I read today.

Americans largely are on a self-imposed quarantine. Generally speaking we are holed up in our homes, venturing out for the essentials. And so I would expect more cases, and more doubling, but the rate of new cases is starting to slow down, and that is a good thing. I would expect that rate to be considerably more extended in a few weeks.

With no help whatsoever from your (utterly useless) President.

He said it was a hoax, and that the 15 cases would turn into zero cases once the weather warmed up.

If he had kept his big fat mouth shut, many lives could have been saved.

He's responsible for several deaths now, and he'll be responsible for many more before this is over.

Moreover, the people who continue to support him have blood on their hands too.

Now, it's time for you to say "But Hillary ...".
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 28 Mar 2020, 01:39

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

Yep.

Isn't that right, Seth?

So you DO NOT AGREE with Trump..! Excellent , because he's saying another week or two of isolation and everyone goes back to work.... business as usual..?

You now realise this is the worst folly... that is good. :thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Rhinocerus

Postby SethBullock » 28 Mar 2020, 01:59

greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

China 81,285
Italy 80,589
USA 79,082

Yep.

Isn't that right, Seth?

With no help whatsoever from your (utterly useless) President.

He said it was a hoax, and that the 15 cases would turn into zero cases once the weather warmed up.

If he had kept his big fat mouth shut, many lives could have been saved.

He's responsible for several deaths now, and he'll be responsible for many more before this is over.

Moreover, the people who continue to support him have blood on their hands too.

Now, it's time for you to say "But Hillary ...".

But Hillary would have sparked WW3 with Russia, and right now the civilized world would be gone anyway.

There ya go. I aim to please.

Now play us a song on your guitar. :bgrin
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Mar 2020, 04:31

Currently, Australia does not have widespread community transmission of COVID-19.
https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-a ... se-numbers

As at 3:00pm on 27 March 2020, there have been 3,166 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia. There have been 367 new cases since 3:00pm yesterday.
Of the 3,166 confirmed cases in Australia, 13 have died from COVID-19. More than 184,000 tests have been conducted across Australia.

Queensland 555 cases 1in 9000 people infected. One QLD death now, a man died in Toowoomba Hospital after catching it on a Cruise Ship...

00.41% death rate.. (Flu average yearly deathrate 01.30%, Baseline to compare existing Respiratory Virus's)
Most new infections in a day 427 (24 mar), today 367 , 9 less than yesterday...
80 infections over 80 years old...

According the them there are 23 People in a serious or critical condition in Australia...

At least 4 people have been confirmed on a cruise ship that have died including the first and last death. there will be many new laws about them and health scares after the dust settles... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby Dax » 28 Mar 2020, 05:05

Just thought I'd drop in to see how you are all handling the true reality of life and not your airy fairy delusionary day dreams, considering you all ran me down when I said the shit will hit the fan this year big time and it has. Your deeply denialist leader banned me because he couldn't handle the truth, well now it's here, enjoy your denial.

Now you know why I had been preparing for years, this was clearly viewable decades ago and been coming closer each year. Even my business has closed down, but was prepared for that, as were a number of staff that actually listened to me. Luckily Tas should return to normal in a few weeks, as long as we don't let anyone come here and life will continue, but in a much more cautious way. All non Tas residents have been told to leave by next Wednesday, including overseas students and the Tas will be closed to everyone for the rest of this year, which is the current plan. How do I know this, simple, know many people in government departments, one of my closest lady friends is pretty close to some government ministers in her work, finally they are now saying the only thing we can do is shut shop and become self sufficient, at last.

It's only the start, the cat's out of the bag, the god nutters are still in deep denial and large numbers are doing exactly what I predicted, they are flouting the isolation rules, as are lots of other idiots and this virus is just another one in the line up ahead, which will get more deadly each time.

The benefits of this are already starting to be seen in nature, Tas should be free of virus within 4 weeks, then we will get back to living a life as long as they don't let anyone in for at least 6 months. Whilst Aus and the rest of the planet will go from looking like it's stopped, to secondary and mutation infections, followed by more economic problems and finally collapse. This may well be spread over a number of yeas, so the pain will continue and more and more of you will go troppo as all the chemicals drugs and toxins are released into your systems, flooding peoples brains and sending them over the edge.

If I could, I'd post some videos taken in China, which show some true realities of what the word faces because of human over population and can assure you that's the norm for a lot of Asia and eastern Europe.

Watch for the next step, it could be spectacular and sadly, extremely devastating for humanity and could be an unstoppable virus, created and bred by ideological humanity, it's already gestating in just about all the food you all eat and no one will do anything to take it out until it sweeps over the populations. Remember, just about all plagues have arisen in Asia and when you get the vast majority of your processed packaged food ingredients from Asia, no other outcome. They can claim it's an Aus product, just by packaging it or defrosting it here. Now how hilarious is that, you all think you're consuming Aus food, when you're actually eating heavily contaminated foods and there is nothing else, our government shut down our food processing and manufacturing industries in the deluded aim of insane globalisation and you all voted for them. :rofl

Enjoy life, it's going to become even more restricted and just when everyone thinks it's over, another wave of disaster will hit ideological humanity. You can't flout or beat nature, it will always win. Don't forget about the elephant in the room, climate change and global warming, they will dramatically contribute to the breeding of these viruses, warmer weather, easier conditions for bacterial growth. Stay safe :Hi

There is some hope on the horizon :rofl :rofl :rofl, yahweh the great mythical god of war will come along and save all it's true believers, as it has done in the past :rofl :rofl :rofl. Thes idiaot are still going to their cult houses congregating, deeply in denial and spreading the virus. Now that's real logic and the typical rationale of those completely deluded and mentally deranged. :roll :thumb
Dax
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Mar 2020, 05:12

Nice to see you back Dax, hope all is well with you..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 28 Mar 2020, 11:23

More than 300 people have died and a further 1,000 have fallen ill in Iran after consuming methanol in the belief that it will protect them against the coronavirus, according to local media.

Fake remedies have spread across Iranian social media, with methanol simply the latest supposed cure. As an Islamic nation, the consumption of alcohol is banned, but bootleggers have distributed industrial alcohol.

“Other countries have only one problem, which is the new coronavirus pandemic,” said Dr. Hossein Hassanian, an adviser to Iran’s Health Ministry who claimed that the problem could be more severe than reported. “We have to both cure the people with the alcohol poisoning and also fight the coronavirus.”
- Fox News
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Mar 2020, 12:12

SethBullock wrote:More than 300 people have died and a further 1,000 have fallen ill in Iran after consuming methanol in the belief that it will protect them against the coronavirus, according to local media.

Fake remedies have spread across Iranian social media, with methanol simply the latest supposed cure. As an Islamic nation, the consumption of alcohol is banned, but bootleggers have distributed industrial alcohol.

“Other countries have only one problem, which is the new coronavirus pandemic,” said Dr. Hossein Hassanian, an adviser to Iran’s Health Ministry who claimed that the problem could be more severe than reported. “We have to both cure the people with the alcohol poisoning and also fight the coronavirus.”
- Fox News

Just a dumb as the two Americans that had the fish tank tablets after hearing trump talk about Malaria medicine... can't stop stupid…. :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 28 Mar 2020, 12:50

If you told me 6 months ago a new virus strain would appear and India would calmly contain the out break and all hell would break out in the USA I would of laughed at you... Even worse the Epicentre shared a border with India... Not now though..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 28 Mar 2020, 19:29

DonDeeHippy wrote:If you told me 6 months ago a new virus strain would appear and India would calmly contain the out break and all hell would break out in the USA I would of laughed at you... Even worse the Epicentre shared a border with India... Not now though..... :purple

Just to reiterate, I used India as the closet comparison as typical living conditions to China - if anything I would say that their living conditions is even worse.
Yet, they don’t seem to produce all this scary stuff like China.

Seeing how mainland Chinese behave, even the more wealthy one's, we are being manipulated by their govt propaganda that it started in the wet market.

My assessment is more then likely the following happened:
This comment is simply misinformation for the general public consumption.
In affect it was introduced by Chinese employees, employed by the Wuhan Biosecurity Military dept, who didn’t dispose of experimental animals properly.

They saw these animals as an opportunity to supplement their income by selling these infected animals in the wet market

That is what is more then likely happened!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 19:38

DonDeeHippy wrote:If you told me 6 months ago a new virus strain would appear and India would calmly contain the out break and all hell would break out in the USA I would of laughed at you... Even worse the Epicentre shared a border with India... Not now though..... :purple

It's All about measurement: why else do you think the curves start off flat? :yak yak
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 19:42

Chuck wrote:

Just to reiterate, I used India as the closet comparison as typical living conditions to China - if anything I would say that their living conditions is even worse.

Seeing how mainland Chinese behave, even the more wealthy one's, we are being manipulated by their govt propaganda that it started in the wet market.

In affect it was introduced by Chinese employees, employed by the Wuhan Biosecurity Military dept, who didn’t dispose of experimental animals properly.

They saw these animals as an opportunity to supplement their income by selling these infected animals in the wet market

I doubt that: the truth is diseases comes out of the jungle and that is why animal products are graded and constrained for consumption!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 28 Mar 2020, 19:45

DonDeeHippy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:More than 300 people have died and a further 1,000 have fallen ill in Iran after consuming methanol in the belief that it will protect them against the coronavirus, according to local media.

- Fox News

Just a dumb as the two Americans that had the fish tank tablets after hearing trump talk about Malaria medicine... can't stop stupid…. :purple

I thought that Iranians smoked opium to cure everything? :jump
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 28 Mar 2020, 20:33

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:Just to reiterate, I used India as the closet comparison as typical living conditions to China - if anything I would say that their living conditions is even worse.

I doubt that: the truth is diseases comes out of the jungle and that is why animal products are graded and constrained for consumption!

As I mentioned it Is simply my gut feeling of what may have happened!

It was also my gut feeling, when we started talking about the Coronavirus what was likely to happen. The only thing at that time that I couldn’t ascertain, is the lethal speed of this virus spreading thru out the world, compared to the Ebola virus

I put forward reasons why it would spread like the locusts plague that was spreading thru Africa at the same time.
I also mentioned the reasons why it would have a wider impact than the Ebola virus - I made mention of why it may have spread into Iran.

U are welcome to check my past posts on this topic.
Chuck
mountain lion

PreviousNext

Return to Politics