The best of Netflix and Stan.

Casual chatting. Guest posting allowed.

Welcome to the various guests visiting here. Why not register? The real PA—a home away from home when OzPol is down.

Hot topic: Handmaid’s Tale



Just post here—don’t need to join.
.

Moderator: DonDeeHippy

Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Sand Pit is for having fun. Guest posting is allowed here.

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 12 Jan 2020, 00:09

Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

Was brilliantly acted and the cinematography was just beautiful.

Also watched Black Sheep with the fam. Have seen it before but it's a hoot and a half. My lad alternated between laughing deliriously and screaming my name out throughout. The wonderful New Zealand film community at it's finest.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Jan 2020, 10:02

mothra wrote:Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

Was brilliantly acted and the cinematography was just beautiful.

Also watched Black Sheep with the fam. Have seen it before but it's a hoot and a half. My lad alternated between laughing deliriously and screaming my name out throughout. The wonderful New Zealand film community at it's finest.


What service is Black Sheep on?
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4763
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 12 Jan 2020, 21:24

@ Mothra, so we have started watching Messiah and must say it’s getting intriguing!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 13 Jan 2020, 05:38

greggerypeccary wrote:
mothra wrote:Just watched 'The Way Back' about a bunch of prisoners escaping a Siberian Gulag through China and Mongolia to India.

Was brilliantly acted and the cinematography was just beautiful.

Also watched Black Sheep with the fam. Have seen it before but it's a hoot and a half. My lad alternated between laughing deliriously and screaming my name out throughout. The wonderful New Zealand film community at it's finest.


What service is Black Sheep on?



Stan. It's a relatively new release so it should be easy to find. You need a pretty high tolerance for gore though. You have been warned.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 13 Jan 2020, 05:41

Lols wrote:@ Mothra, so we have started watching Messiah and must say it’s getting intriguing!


Do you know what i mean about it delving into a question often bandied about?

I don't want to give away and spoilers but i find it an intriguing exploration in view of world events.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby CaptainNemo » 18 Jan 2020, 12:12

Someone put me onto Queen of the South ... Netflix.

It's quite good. Mexican drug cartels and the war between a drug lord and his wife ... as seen by a woman who gets caught up in it all.
CaptainNemo
 

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 19 Jan 2020, 09:44

Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!
What I love about this show, the honesty about older age.
The wit and humour are really good.
I love Grace’s outfits, such a old hippy but tastefully so, my style is similar and I do get called a bit of a hippy :bgrin
Anyway, hurrah, season 6 is here!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jan 2020, 11:11

Captain Nemo, I approved your post but it will be easier if you register here.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55140
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 22 Jan 2020, 13:20

Lols wrote:Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!
What I love about this show, the honesty about older age.
The wit and humour are really good.
I love Grace’s outfits, such a old hippy but tastefully so, my style is similar and I do get called a bit of a hippy :bgrin
Anyway, hurrah, season 6 is here!



I love Grace and Frankie! My daughter turned me onto it a couple of years ago. So good.

And the latest season doesn't disappoint.

Rise up!
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 23 Jan 2020, 13:21

mothra wrote:
Lols wrote:Finally season 6 Grace and Frankie is here!
What I love about this show, the honesty about older age.
The wit and humour are really good.
I love Grace’s outfits, such a old hippy but tastefully so, my style is similar and I do get called a bit of a hippy :bgrin
Anyway, hurrah, season 6 is here!



I love Grace and Frankie! My daughter turned me onto it a couple of years ago. So good.

And the latest season doesn't disappoint.

Rise up!

haha yes!

And the reality of that show, such as Grace's ex Robert, wearing a c-pap mask.
I was just reading, whilst we are in season, 6, that season 7 will be the last, and as I am so hooked on this show with such reality to it, I said to the hubby, we could watch it all again!

Now, I want to talk about a movie I watched last night on SBS, it was on late (I had trouble sleeping, with the lurgy, coughing if I lay down in bed, so I was up watching tv instead), well, it's called
To the end of the world.
Wow, it was truly a magnificent film, although in Chinese, with sub titles, filmed on the Antarctic, at the end of the show, it shows how the film crew stayed with the Chinese expedition and scientists at their base camp in Antarctica and how the film crew were having trouble adapting to the cold, but the captured images and reality of survival and how treacherous it is there, truly captured the spirit of it in the movie.

I recommend it.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby Lols » 03 Feb 2020, 17:59

Daughter and I have our Netflix night together, watching something I thought would look colourful and cheery, called AJ and the Queen.
It’s actually really good!
And lots of good wisdom in this show too.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 637
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby mothra » 14 Feb 2020, 17:32

SBS on Demand: Years and Years. Absolutely brilliant. Imagines the world over the next 10 years if we go on the way we are going.

Just knock-out television.

Emma Thompson does an extraordinary job as a populist, Hanson -type figure who gets the masses on her side ... with devastating results.

Scared the shit out of me.
User avatar
mothra
Duck
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:47
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Feb 2020, 19:06

Will look for that one.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55140
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby johnsmith » 28 Feb 2020, 16:27

just started watching a series called 'Shameless'


it's so wrong what they get up to, but like a car crash, you just have to look.



I also watched ragnarok

the acting is absolutely pathetic, but the scenery is amazing. I watched it just for the scenery .... both of the Norweign landscapes and the naked Norweign women :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9711
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: The best of Netflix and Stan.

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Feb 2020, 17:48

Best scenery, nekkid wimmen!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55140
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Previous

Return to Sand Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron